Important 2019 Prom Information
- Prom will take place on Saturday, May 18 from 9-11:30 p.m. on the 50th floor of the IDS Center, 80 S 8th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Juniors and seniors may purchase tickets during lunch from May 13-17. The cost is $25.00 per person or $50 per couple. You must have a ticket to enter the dance. Juniors and seniors in need of financial assistance, please check in the Counseling office with Mary Beth Wiig.
- All freshman and sophomore students going as a date with a junior or senior will need to pay for their own ticket as there is no aid available.
- If you are bringing a date from another school or an underclassman, he/she must complete a form located in the MHS Activities office. Forms should be completed and returned by Wednesday, May 15. This is a Junior/Senior event only. Any underclassman MUST be escorted by an upperclassman.
- You must have your ticket and valid student ID to enter the dance.
- Party buses should be dropping kids off In front of the hotel, off of 7th St. or Marquette Ave. Avoid 8th St. as it is under construction.
- Parking is $6 Please carpool to defer some of the parking costs. Park in the Marquette parking ramp off of 7th St or Marquette
You must have your ticket and valid student ID to enter the dance. A print off from skyward will work or bringing it up on your phone will work if you do not have a MHS ID.
- A free photo booth will be available during the evening.
- There will NOT be a professional photographer due to the lack of interest.
- To be admitted to Prom, you are required to abide by the law and not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Students suspected of being under the influence will be detained. The student's parents will be notified to pick up their student if he/she is found to be in violation of school policy and state law. The student will be issued a citation from police officers on duty and a school suspension will be administered.
- All MHS students must have an updated valid school ID and non-MHS students must have a valid ID from the school they attend.
- Appropriate attire is necessary as it is a school event and must align with the dress code rules in the MHS handbook. While some boys choose to wear a suit instead of a tuxedo, most boys do wear a tuxedo. Girls wear either long or short dresses. It is considered to be a “formal” dance. All students must wear shoes.
- IDS Center, 50th Floor, 80 S 8th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55402 Get directions
- All students attending prom must find their own transportation to and from the IDS Center.
- All students must be picked up no later than 11:30 p.m.!
HAVE A SAFE AND SPECIAL PROM!
- There are no events before or after the dance (no dinner or post party).
- We will provide water and mints.
- Bring comfortable shoes to dance in.
- Please bring a minimal amount of items. The less you bring, the easier it is to keep track of everything.
- Date: Saturday, May 18, from 9-11:30 p.m.
- Location: IDS Center, 50th Floor, 80 S 8th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Theme: Spring Prom
- Tickets: $25 per person
ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN