2019 Minnetonka Homecoming (September 23-27)
Dress-up Days (get ideas of what to wear in the SG display cabinet)
- Monday 9/23 - PJ Day (wear your pajamas to school)
- Tuesday 9/24 – Boaters Safety Day
- Wednesday 9/25 – Tourist Day
- Thursday 9/26 - Invisible/Camo Day
- Friday 9/27 - Spirit Day (Blue & White, Tie-Dye T-shirts)
Tuesday, September 17
Male Rettes: The permission forms can be picked up at the meeting with Mr. Erickson on Tuesday, September 17 at 7:30am in the East Gym. Permission forms will also be available in online or in the activities office. Forms need to be turned in to the activities office by 3:00pm -Tuesday, September 24th.
Thursday, September 19
Seniors only will be able to go through their Naviance account and nominate 3 king and 3 queen candidates during their 2nd hour class.
Friday, September 20
The Homecoming court will be announced during second hour.
Monday, September 23 - Friday September 27
Homecoming shirts will be on sale in the student union. There is one displayed in the SG display window now. The price is $10. Homecoming Dance tickets are on sale for $10.00 in the student union. If any student needs financial help with purchasing either a shirt or a dance ticket, send them to see Dave Bierly in the Guidance office.
Wednesday, September 25
Field trip for the Homecoming Court to Feed my Starving Children. The Royalty Tea is from 3:00-4:00 in the forum and parents, any family members, and ALL staff are welcome!!
Wednesday, September 25
POWDER PUFF GAME - NEW DAY AND TIME!!!!!! 7:00-8:00 pm on Einer Anderson Stadium. Senior Women vs. Junior Women in a game of Flag Football. Be there for warm-ups by 6:45! Women who purchased a shirt will receive them 9/24 or 9/25 in the commons or the “coach” will bring them to practice to hand out.
YOU MUST HAVE A MOUTH GUARD AND ID and online permission slip! Registration must be completed by Wednesday, 9/23.
Everyone is welcome so invite your family and friends as spectators. Coffee and donuts provided for the fans.
Friday, September 27
King and Queen are voted for by 9-12 graders during their 2nd hour class through Naviance (vote only once and for only one candidate). The results will be announced at the coronation during pep-fest.
PEPFEST & CROWNING: Starts at 11:00pm on the field. At the pep fest, the king and the queen are crowned and the football team is sent off in preparation for their game.
PARADE: 4:00 pm on Water St. in downtown Excelsior. The parade route will commence at Lake & Water at 4 PM and end in the parking lot of Excelsior Elementary. The parade will last about 45 minutes. Meet and line up in the Excelsior commons at 2:45 pm (no later than 3:00).
- If your organization would like to MAKE a float, sign up here. Applications due Tuesday, September 22nd.
- If you want to RIDE on a float, Permission forms are due to your group advisor at the parade. The individual permission forms are available online.
FOOTBALL GAME: 7:00pm at MHS. MTKA Skippers vs. Shakopee Sabers.
Saturday, September 28
The Homecoming Dance is from 9:00pm-11:00pm in the West Gym at MHS.
- Photographs: There will be no professional photographer, only a free photo booth.
- Conduct: To be admitted to the dance, students are required to abide by the law and not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Minnetonka Police are present at each dance to ensure student safety.
- Other Information: The Homecoming Dance starts at 9 p.m. and ends at 11:00 p.m. Please have your rides scheduled to be picked up no later than 11:00. Tickets are sold in the Student Union for $10 single, $20/couple. These tickets should be purchased in advance and are non-refundable.
- You may go "stag" (meaning alone, or with a group) or as a couple. Homecoming is a semi-formal dance, so please dress accordingly (suits and ties and dresses). Students must wear shoes at the dance so bring comfortable shoes. (Sandals, tennies, etc.).
- Most groups or couples go to dinner before they go to the dance (some groups actually have a meal at home)! If you are going to a restaurant, be sure to make your reservations early. Pictures should be taken before the group goes to dinner.
- At the dance make sure you have your tickets with you. There is a coat check available. It is best to leave anything of value at home or secured within your vehicle.
- If you plan to bring a guest from a school other than MHS, please fill out Dance Guest Permission Slip and turn it in to the Activities Office.
If you have any questions, please contact Theresa.Ellis@minnetonkaschools.org.
Homecoming Parade Information
If you are interested in having a float in the homecoming parade on Friday, September 27, below is the process you need to follow to register:
- Advisor complete the Parade Unit Permission Form.
- Advisor receives confirmation email..
- Advisor collects individual student permission forms (emailed to advisor with confirmation email, and also posted online). Each student must complete the Homecoming Parade Permission Form.
- Advisor presents confirmation email and student permission forms at the start of parade to Bill Wenmark (parade starter).
Here are some other things to keep in mind:
- The students in your activity make a float and have a car that can drive it in the parade. All drivers must be at least 21 years of age.
- Your float will be lined up along Lake Street (the road along the commons) and will proceed down Water Street. Be there no later than 2:30 p.m., for staging. The parade will end at Excelsior Elementary. Please make sure all students arrange for a ride from Excelsior Elementary and clean up the area.
- No candy will be given out under police order. Any candy on route will be confiscated. Spectator safety is of great importance and due to the enthusiasm of last year's parade, the police want to remind everyone to make sure that they stay on the sidewalks and away from the floats.
- Help make this a great event and keep the tradition alive!