Minnetonka Homecoming 2023: Sept 18 - Sept 23
All students are encouraged to dress up for the spirit days during Homecoming Week!
- Monday: Pajama Day
- Tuesday: Surfers vs Bikers Day
- Wednesday: Barbie Day
- Thursday: Adam Sandler Day
- Friday: Tonka Pride Day
Homecoming Tees will be on sale for $10 during the week. They can be purchased online in Vanco or in-person and picked up in the commons at MHS during lunches. Cash Sales will be available on Wednesday and Thursday.
The game will take place on the stadium field on Monday, 9/18 from 6:30-7:30pm.
There are 77 people per team; sign-up is on a first come, first served basis, with registration closing Friday, September 15.
Each participant must purchase a shirt on Vanco and complete the Information and Waiver form below.
Mouth Guards are required for all players.
On September 13, the senior class will vote for this year’s homecoming court. A maximum of 10 queen candidates and 10 king candidates will be selected to represent the senior class at the Homecoming Pepfest. The court members will also represent the MHS student body by participating in a service project during homecoming week. All students will vote for the king and queen on September 21, and the winners will be crowned at Friday’s pepfest.
Friday, September 22, the Homecoming Pepfest will take place on the football field at Einer Anderson Stadium. There is an early release schedule at MHS only that day, so the pepfest will occur at 11:30 am (a shortened schedule of all periods 1-6 will precede the pepfest). All students are welcome and encouraged to attend the pepfest!
As part of the pepfest, it is tradition that senior boys may sign up to participate in a dance routine alongside the Performance Dance Team.
The parade will take place from 4:00-4:45 on Friday, September 22 in downtown Excelsior. The parade starts at the corner of Water Street and Lake Street, and ends at the corner of Water Street and George Street, with off-loading in the Excelsior Elementary parking lot. There is a $40 fee per float, to be paid on Vanco (link below) prior to registration. Parade participation is restricted to MHS student groups and district administration.
Homecoming Football Game
Friday, September 22, the homecoming game versus Prior Lake will take place at 7pm on the stadium field. The tickets cost $5 for students and $7 for parents. The student section theme is a blue out - wear your Homecoming Tees!!! All athletic tickets are online only (no cash).
Dance tickets will be on sale ONLINE ONLY in Vanco for $15, starting Friday, September 15. The dance takes place on Saturday, September 23, from 8:30-11:00pm in the MHS West Gym and commons. All students are invited to attend! Semi-formal attire is customary.
Guidelines for the Dance:
All students must have a school-issued student ID or a picture of their Skyward profile, along with their electronic Vanco ticket to enter.
- All attendees must be current high school students.
- All guests & their MHS dates must complete the forms below by Thursday 9/21 at 2:40.
- No bags or outside food/drinks aloud.
- No re-entry to the dance after exit.
- No party buses or other large group transportation allowed on campus.
Bringing a Guest from Another School
Two Google Forms are needed to bring a guest to MHS HC Dance
- MHS Guest Form - Homecoming 2023 (Completed by MHS student)
- Visiting Administration Approval Form - Homecoming 2023 (Completed by the guests principal, assistant principal, or activities director)
Homecoming Parade Information
The parade will take place from 4:00-4:45 on Friday, September 22 in downtown Excelsior. The parade starts at the corner of Water Street and Lake Street, and ends at the corner of Water Street and George Street, with off-loading in the Excelsior Elementary parking lot. There is a $40 fee per float, to be paid on Vanco prior to registration. Parade participation is restricted to MHS student groups and district administration.
- Advisor complete the Parade Unit Permission Form.
- Advisor receives confirmation email..
- Advisor collects individual student permission forms (emailed to advisor with confirmation email, and also posted online). Each student must complete the Homecoming Parade Permission Form.
- Advisor presents confirmation email and student permission forms at the start of parade to Bill Wenmark (parade starter).
Here are some other things to keep in mind:
- The students in your activity make a float and have a car that can drive it in the parade. All drivers must be at least 21 years of age.
- Your float will be lined up along Lake Street (the road along the commons) and will proceed down Water Street. Be there no later than 2:30 p.m., for staging. The parade will end at Excelsior Elementary. Please make sure all students arrange for a ride from Excelsior Elementary and clean up the area.
- No candy will be given out under police order. Any candy on route will be confiscated. Spectator safety is of great importance and due to the enthusiasm of last year's parade, the police want to remind everyone to make sure that they stay on the sidewalks and away from the floats.
- Help make this a great event and keep the tradition alive!