June 6, 2022
The ceremony will take place on Monday, June 6, 2022 at 7 p.m. at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis (401 Chicago Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55415).
Cap and Gown
Cap and gown orders have been placed by students in school. Cap and gown distribution will take place May 19 in the commons during lunch hours. Students will be able to pick up their cap and gown in the Main Office after May 19 if they are not in the building on this date.
Each graduate will receive 10 physical tickets with their cap and gown. If you need more tickets for your party, please have your student stop by the Main Office after May 19.
Graduation Participation Fee
- The Graduation Participation Fee will be $28. This is a School Board approved fee to be paid by each graduate. It is used to offset the cost of graduation.
- This fee will be in Skyward Fee Management.
- It is never too early to start reviewing, paying and resolving other fees for your graduate.
- Please log in to My SSO with your parent log in credentials, click on Skyward, click on Fee Management, click on Make a Payment for any outstanding balance.
- More information will be coming soon about the graduation fee.
There is a mandatory graduation rehearsal at Westwood Community Church in Excelsior. Rehearsal starts at 9 a.m. and will go over logistics for the ceremony.
Viewing the Ceremony
If you are unable to attend the event in person, you will be able to watch the 2022 MHS Graduation Ceremony live on YouTube or Facebook.
Graduation at U.S. Bank Stadium
The ceremony is on Wednesday, June 6, 2022 at 7 p.m. at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis (401 Chicago Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55415). Here is a map of the stadium layout, to help guide you.
Students are responsible for their own transportation to the graduation ceremony.
Seniors need to arrive no later than 5:30 p.m. to line up for the ceremony.
- 5:15 p.m. Students may begin entering through the Legacy Gate doors, and they should allow for time to pass through security
- 5:15-6:15 p.m. Students have an opportunity to have a Strawbridge photo taken of them holding a diploma on the field
- 5:30 p.m. Students must be on the lower concourse of U.S. Bank Stadium
- 6:20 p.m. Students will line up alphabetically
- 7:00 p.m. Students will process to their seats on the stadium field
Guests may begin arriving at 5:15 p.m. if they wish to take photos before the ceremony outside on the Medtronic Plaza or if they are bringing a graduate.
Reserved Handicapped seating for Graduation 2022 here.
There is limited mobility and wheelchair seating still available but on a first come, first served basis. In order to have seating available for those who need it, especially in the wheelchair designated areas, please note and adhere to the following guidelines:
- Each guest using a wheelchair or scooter can be accompanied by ONE able bodied guest in the open wheelchair seating areas.
- Each guest using a walker or cane can be accompanied by TWO able bodied guests in the first (top) row of the open seating areas.
- There is no guaranteed or reservable handicap parking - it is first come, first served in the ramps.
- The distance from Chicago Ave and the parking ramps is at least the width of a football field - there is no door to door drop off option.
Guest seating will be in the lower level, sections 101, 103, 105, 131, 135, 138, 140, 141, 142 and 143. There are no reserved seats; it is first-arrived, first-seated. There will be ushers at each section to assist your party to your seats. Seats will not be held for parties who have not arrived.
Please note, there will be metal detectors, and US Bank security officers will check bags on the Medtronic Plaza before you enter the stadium. If you are not able to walk through metal detectors, please let security know, and a hand-wand will be used.
Here is a link to a list of items that are prohibited in U.S. Bank Stadium.
- Please note: While still-photography cameras with a lens 6” or less in length are allowed, camera bags are not.
- Masks - We will send updates on masks based on U.S. Bank and state guidelines.
The Legacy Gate entrance located on Chicago Ave will be the only entrance open. There is ample parking near the Legacy Gate entrance. Please plan to park near this entrance. The two closest ramps are Mill’s Fleet Farm and the DTE Ramp. Parking ramps range from $3- $10 per hour.
- If you are interested in the Light Rail, drop off is in front of the Legacy Gate entrance.
- Handicap parking - there is handicap parking in the Fleet Farm and DTE Ramp, however it is still a walk from the ramp to the stadium.
- It is recommended to drop off in front of the Legacy Gates.
- Students and Staff will be allowed to enter U.S. Bank starting at 5 p.m. to get ready for the ceremony.
- The Medtronic Plaza (located right outside the Legacy Gate entrance) will be open for all to enjoy before the ceremony to take pictures and visit.
At graduation we honor students for their academic achievement using the Latin college model: summa cum laude, magna cum laude, and cum laude. This calculation is based on the student’s weighted GPA. The student’s final GPA earned on June 1 is the calculation that is used to determine these honors. Students will receive their medals during the graduation rehearsal and they will be honored during the ceremony.
After the Graduation Ceremony
Following the ceremony, graduates will gather in the Concourse (located just inside the Legacy Gate, where they first entered) before getting onto the buses for the Senior Party. This will give students the opportunity to hand off personal belongings to their families and to have one last visit with family and friends before getting onto the bus. Graduates will then proceed to the buses, which will be parked outside the Legacy Gate entrance. Seniors are only allowed to bring keys and their phone on the bus. Guests not waiting for a senior should exit the stadium immediately after the graduation ceremony.
- Please note all fees will be assessed to student accounts by the end of the day on June 17. This can include fees for unreturned or damaged materials and the graduation fee if it was not paid earlier. Parents should check Skyward Fee Management one more time after June 17 to be sure their graduate is paid-in-full.
- Diplomas will be mailed home at the end of June/beginning of July.
From the Port
- Take your mtka.org Google Drive with you!
- Your Minnetonka Google Drive files and Gmail can be transferred to a personal google account. Instructions are here.
- Please make sure that you turn in your iPad, cord, charging brick, and all textbooks to the Port as soon as you no longer need them. The cost of an unreturned iPad is $325 and unreturned cord and power brick is $20. Broken screens can cost up to $140 if uninsured. With insurance, the cost is $0 for the first break and $40 for any break thereafter.
The ceremony is Monday, June 6, 2022 at 7 p.m. at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis (401 Chicago Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55415, Legacy Gate Entrance)