Viewing the Ceremony
If you are unable to attend the event in person, you can still watch 2018 MHS Graduation Ceremony in the following ways.
- A recording is available on YouTube.
Graduation at US Bank Stadium
The ceremony is Thursday, June 7, 2018 at 7 p.m. at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis (401 Chicago Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55415; use the Legacy Gate Entrance). Here is a map of the stadium layout, to help guide you. (Students are responsible for their own transportation to the graduation ceremony).
Seniors need to arrive no later than 5:30 p.m. to line up for the ceremony.
- 5:00 p.m. Students may begin entering through the Legacy Gate doors, and they should allow for time to pass through security
- 5:00 p.m. - 6:15 p.m. Students have an opportunity to have a Lifetouch photo taken of them holding a diploma on the field
- 5:30 p.m. Students must be on the lower concourse of US Bank Stadium
- 6:20 p.m. Students will line up alphabetically
- 7:00 p.m. Students will process to their seats on the stadium field
Guests may begin arriving at 5:00 p.m. if they wish to take photos before the ceremony outside on the Medtronic Plaza or if they are bringing a graduate. Doors to the Legacy Gate will open at 5:30 p.m. for guests to enter the stadium and take their seats. Concession stands will also be available at that time.
Please bring your tickets! Each guest must present a school-issued ticket at the gate. If a guest does not have a ticket, security will ask them to step aside until they are verified by a family member or a graduate.
Guest seating will be in the lower level, sections 101, 103, 105, 131, 135, 138, 140, 141, 142 and 143. There are no reserved seats; it is first-arrived, first-seated. There will be ushers at each section to assist your party to your seats. Seats will not be held for parties who have not arrived.
Please note, there will be metal detectors, and US Bank security officers will check bags on the Medtronic Plaza before you enter the stadium. If you are not able to walk through metal detectors, please let security know, and a hand-wand will be used.
Here is a link to a list of items that are prohibited in US Bank Stadium.
- Please note: While still-photography cameras with a lens 6” or less in length are allowed, camera bags are not.
- As a special exception to the list of prohibited items, for our event, students WILL be allowed to bring a bag or a backpack containing a change of clothes, if so inclined.
The Legacy Gate entrance located on Chicago Ave will be the only entrance open. There is ample parking near the Legacy Gate entrance. Please plan to park near this entrance. The two closest ramps are Mill’s Fleet Farm and the DTE Ramp. Parking ramps range from $3- $10 per hour.
- If you are interested in the Light Rail, drop off is in front of the Legacy Gate entrance.
- Handicap parking - there is handicap parking in the Fleet Farm and DTE Ramp, however it is still a walk from the ramp to the stadium.
- It is recommended to drop off in front of the Legacy Gates.
- Students and Staff will be allowed to enter U.S. Bank starting at 5 p.m. to get ready for the ceremony.
- The Medtronic Plaza (located right outside the Legacy Gate entrance) will be open for all to enjoy before the ceremony to take pictures and visit. Guests are able to go through security starting at 5:30 p.m. Gates to the stadium will open at 6:15 p.m. for guests to find their seat.
At graduation we honor students for their academic achievement using the Latin college model: summa cum laude, magna cum laude, and cum laude. This calculation is based on the student’s weight GPA. The student’s final GPA earned on June 5 is the calculation that is used to determine these honors. Students will receive their medals during the graduation rehearsal and they will be honored during the ceremony. Download the Class of 2018 Academic Honors List
After the Graduation Ceremony
Following the ceremony, graduates will gather in the Concourse (located just inside the Legacy Gate, where they first entered) before getting onto the buses for the Senior Party. This will give students the opportunity to hand off personal belongings to their families and to have one last visit with family and friends before getting onto the bus. Graduates will then proceed to the buses, which will be parked outside the Legacy Gate entrance. Guests not waiting for a senior should exit the stadium immediately after the graduation ceremony.
- Please note all fees will be assessed to student accounts by the end of the day on June 15. This can include fees for unreturned or damaged materials and the graduation fee if it was not paid earlier. Parents should check Skyward Fee Management one more time after June 15 to be sure their graduate is paid-in-full.
- Diplomas will be mailed home at the end of June.
Graduation Participation Fee
- Please be sure to pay the $28 Graduation Participation Fee if you have not already done so.
- How to pay: Log in to Skyward. This fee will appear as a fee to Add and Pay in Skyward Fee Management. Here, parents will also see other unpaid fees for their graduating senior. Detailed payment directions are available on the Bursar's Webpage
- Please email Connie Dahlstrom (email@example.com) if you have questions about how to Add and Pay the fee online.
- If you need financial assistance paying this fee, please contact Mary Beth Wiig (Ext. 5821) in the Counseling Office.
Senior Party - Tickets and Information
$100 CASH or CHECK ONLY after the ceremony at U.S. Bank Stadium.
Ticket includes games-entertainment-food all night long – transportation – prizes and more! You will not receive a paper ticket; we will check registrants off on a master list. Feel free to bring your RevTrak/Booster Store email as a receipt!
If you have questions regarding the senior party, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The ceremony is Thursday, June 7, 2018 at 7 p.m. at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis (401 Chicago Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55415, Legacy Gate Entrance).
- Seniors need to arrive no later than 5:30 p.m. to line up for the ceremony.
- Mandatory rehearsal at 9 a.m. at Grace Church, 9301 Eden Prairie Rd., Eden Prairie