Applying for a Parking Permit - Required on March 15, 2021
Beginning on March 15, we will require students parking in the lot to have a parking permit. The permit application window is open from March 1 at 7:00am until Friday March 5th at 11:59pm. Our selection process will be based on a pool priority system.
Parking permits are issued to licensed drivers and will be issued based on the number of licensed drivers in a carpool and prioritized by grade level. Permits cost $60 and students that are approved will be contacted via their school email with distribution details.
Note: To complete this form you will need a valid email address, driver information (including accurate Student ID Number for all drivers), and vehicle information (Make, Model, Color, Year, including License Plate for All Vehicles). You should only submit one application per permit. Please talk to your permit partner(s) to be sure duplicates are not submitted. Duplicate applications may cause a delay in the approval of your permit.
A checklist for the parking permit application is as follows:
- Fill out a parking permit application.
- Check school email for notification that you have been approved for a parking permit
- Review the Parking Policies and complete the Parking Quiz.
- Pay your parking permit fee in Skyward (Fee Management), after your carpool has been approved.
- Pay all outstanding fees in Skyward (Fee Management), or plan to bring materials with you on the permit distribution days to have those fines removed if applicable.
Your application must be submitted and approved prior to making the payment.
Be certain to bring your driver’s license on the permit distribution days and a check or cash if you have not paid online. Remember each person identified on the permit application must show their driver’s license before the permit will be granted. Please choose your carpool partner carefully as changes will not be allowed for the remainder of this school year.
All drivers are expected to use caution around the high school and park in appropriate spots. Parking fines can be paid at the Bursar's Office at Minnetonka High School or by credit card online using Skyward (Fee Management).
The following pools will be used to issue permits:
- Pool 1: Four licensed drivers with one Junior or Senior
- Pool 2: Three licensed drivers with at least one Junior or Senior
- Pool 3: Two licensed drivers with at least one Junior or Senior
- Pool 4: Senior Individual
- Pool 5: Junior Individual
Permits will be drawn first from Pool 1, then Pool 2, and so on until all permits have been issued. Sophomores are not eligible for parking permits unless they are in a carpool with a junior or senior. Many of our students are highly involved–please plan your carpools carefully.