Due to limited parking space on campus, students requesting a parking permit with do so through a pool or lottery process. Permits are available to juniors and seniors who are either resident or open-enrolled and are licensed drivers.
The permit application process for the 2018-19 school year will go live on Aug. 6, 2018 and will close on Aug. 15, 2018. Parking permits are only issued to students in grades 11 and 12 and will be issued based on the number of licensed drivers in a carpool. If approved for a parking permit, students will be contacted via school email for distribution times and locations. All parking permits cost $300.
Note: To complete this form you will need a valid email@example.com Google account, driver information (including accurate Student ID Number for all drivers), and vehicle information (Make, Model, Color, Year, including License Plate for All Vehicles). You should only submit one application per permit. Please talk to your permit partner(s) to be sure duplicates are not submitted. Duplicate applications may cause a delay in the approval of your permit.
The following pools will be used to issue permits:
- Pool 1: Four licensed drivers with at least one senior
- Pool 2: Four licensed drivers with at least one junior
- Pool 3: Three licensed drivers with at least one senior
- Pool 4: Three licensed drivers with at least one junior
- Pool 5: Two licensed drivers with at least one senior
- Pool 6: Two licensed drivers with at least one junior
- Pool 7: Senior individual
- Pool 8: Junior individual (Drawing will take place following the first week of school)
Permits will be drawn first from Pool 1, then Pool 2, and so on until all permits have been issued. Sophomores are not eligible for parking permits unless they are in a carpool with a junior or senior. Many of our students are highly involved–please plan your carpools carefully.
A checklist for the parking permit application is as follows:
- Fill out a parking permit application.
- Check school email for notification that you have been approved for a parking permit
- Review the Parking Policies and complete the Parking Quiz.
- Pay your parking permit fee in Skyward (Fee Management), after your carpool has been approved.
- Pay all outstanding fees in Skyward (Fee Management).
- Complete any outstanding detention hours.
Your application must be submitted and approved prior to making the payment. Please discuss your payment plans with your parking carpool to be sure the permit fee of $300 will be paid in full. Your permit fee will be assessed to your Skyward Fee Management account after approvals. We will split the fee among carpool members as you indicated on the permit application. The permit and all outstanding fees and fines for all carpool members must be paid in full before the permit will be released.
Please note, any student receiving a parking permit will not receive a seat on the school bus.
Parking permits will be put on hold for students having outstanding detention hours, or unpaid fees and fines. Permits will be released upon the completion of detention hours and/or the payment of fees and fines.
Be certain to bring your driver’s license on the permit distribution days and a check or cash if you have not paid online. Remember each person identified on the permit application must show their driver’s license before the permit will be granted.
All drivers are expected to use caution around the high school and park in appropriate spots. Parking fines can be paid at the Bursar's Office at Minnetonka High School or by credit card online using Skyward (Fee Management).
Shuttle Request Form
During the 2018 School year, a shuttle is available from MMW to MHS each school day. Registration is available at the link provided below.
Daily Permits for the 2018-19 school year are available in our Webstore for online purchase. They are required starting Monday, September 10, 2018.
- A limited number of Daily Permits are available each school day.
- Daily Permit parking is in the Lower Dome lot only.
- When Daily Permits are sold out, secondary arrangements must be made to avoid being ticketed.
- More detail can be found in our Online Webstore by clicking the button below.
- Permits will be available for payment by 12:30 p.m. on Fridays for permits valid for a single day the following week. For example, by 12:30 p.m. on Friday Sept. 7, the payment postings will open for Daily Permits for the week of Sept. 10-14. Students may purchase two Daily Permits per week.
Parking on campus is a privilege at MHS. It is important to remember that your partner’s actions in relation to: attendance, behavior, parking violations or outstanding fines may impact both holders of the permit and may result in the temporary loss of each holder’s parking privileges. Students are encouraged to keep this information in mind, when selecting a permit partner.All Parking Violations (Permit Holders Only)
|Fourth Violation||Revocation of Permit|
Parking on Campus Without a Permit
|Fourth Violation||Vehicle will be towed|
Car Boot Process and Fees
A boot will be put on a car when you have unresolved fees or an unidentified vehicle is parked in permit only lots. $25 fee will be assigned for removal.