Hour of Coding Party
It's a Coding Party! Join us after school 2:45-4:15pm:
- Tuesday, December 5th (for Kindergarten through 2nd Graders) and
- Thursday, December 7th (for 3rd through 5th Graders and 2/3 & 4/5 Navigators)
- Students will code in applications and activities of their choice including Lightbot, Tynker, Kodable, Scratch, Code.org, Cargobot, Hopscotch and Binary Necklaces/Bookmarks.
- Students will come directly to the party from their classrooms after school.
- A snack choice of apple slices or Go-Gurt will be served, donated by Excelsior McDonalds.
- Note that the time has been extended this year to 4:15, allowing for a full hour of actual coding time.
- Students who attend Explorer's Club on that day will report to Explorer's Club after the party. All other students must be picked up promptly at 4:15.
Register and Volunteer:
- To attend, parents must register their student(s) by Friday, December 1st. Registration is limited to 200 students per day, due to the number of available devices.
- We will need approximately 30 parent volunteers each day to make this event possible. NO experience necessary. Please consider joining your child after school to help make this event be successful. Volunteers meet in the media center at 2:15 - 30 minutes early - so we can tell you what you need to know. Thank you for your consideration!
- To save paper, we only have an online registration this year - no paper forms will be sent home.
- Please register your student and yourself as a volunteer using the following Google link: https://goo.gl/xHg1pD