Blue Jay Publishing
Your child can become an author!
Excelsior Elementary is excited to kick off another year of Blue Jay Publishing! Third through Fifth graders are invited to write stories outside of their regular school day, which are above and beyond the classroom curriculum/assignments.
The final (of three) story-submission deadline is Wednesday, April 8th, 2020. Participants and their parents are also invited to the final Authors’ Celebration Breakfast of the 2019-2020 school year, on Tuesday, May 5th, 2020 from 8-9 a.m., in Mr. Gotz’s room. Stories can be submitted in English or Chinese. We ask that students limit submissions to two stories per submission deadline. Book covers can be submitted in color, but all other text needs to be black & white.
Story Submission Dates
- November 13, 2019
- February 12, 2020
- April 8, 2020
Breakfast Celebration Dates
December 10, 2019
March 3, 2020
May 5, 2020
* All breakfast celebrations are held 8-9 a.m., and parents are encouraged to attend.
- Format your document (Formatting Instructions)
- Write and edit your story
- Write your "About the Author" bio, and place at the end of your story
- Create and scan cover art and insert into the first page of your story using formatting instructions
- Email your story to BlueJayAuthors@gmail.com (Include: Story, About Author & Cover Art)