Blue Jay Publishing
Your child can become an author!
Excelsior Elementary is excited to kick off another year of Blue Jay Publishing! Third through Fifth graders are invited to write stories outside of their regular school day, which are above and beyond the classroom curriculum/assignments.
The first (of three) story-submission deadline is on Wednesday, November 13th. Participants and their parents are also invited to the first Authors’ Celebration Breakfast of the 2019-2020 school year, on Tuesday, December 10th from 8-9 a.m., in Mr. Gotz’s room. Stories can be submitted in English or Chinese.
Story Submission Dates
- November 13, 2019
- February 12, 2020
- April 8, 2020
Breakfast Celebration Dates
December 10, 2019
March 3, 2020
May 5, 2020
* All breakfast celebrations are held 8-9 a.m., and parents are encouraged to attend.
- Format your document (Formatting Instructions)
- Write and edit your story
- Write your "About the Author" bio, and place at the end of your story
- Create and scan cover art and insert into the first page of your story using formatting instructions
- Email your story to BlueJayAuthors@gmail.com (Include: Story, About Author & Cover Art)