Welcome to Excelsior Elementary! We look forward to a great 2017-18 year!
Here are a few things complied by the PTO to help your year run a bit smoother:
- Attendance: 952-401-5655
- Health Office: 952-401-5648
- Main Office: 952-401-5650
- Transportation: 952-470-5366
- Directions and School Hours
This year we will be using an online system MySchoolAnywhere. A link will be provided at the beginning of the year to all families. Shortly after you have verified/edited your information, you will receive a second email enabling your login to the directory. That means in order to view information about other families, your information has to be verified! You will have the chance to opt in or out of the directory if you don’t want specific information shared. An online tutorial and FAQ section will help navigate the system.
SCHOOL CALENDARS & COMMUNICATION
- A full Excelsior calendar including all grade level performances in online.
- This calendar can be downloaded or synced to your online calendar.
- PTO calendar and events can be found here.
- Like the Excelsior Elementary Facebook page to get any latest updates/pictures.
LOGGING ONTO EVERYTHING MINNETONKA (SKYWARD/SCHOOLOGY/ETC.)
- When you provide your primary e-mail, you will be given directions to create a Minnetonka login (MyMinnetonka Single Sign On or SSO). This will give you access to Schoology and Skyward.
- Skyward is used to make lunch payments, track attendance, schedule teacher conferences (when available), see standardized test scores and see report cards.
- Schoology is a tool used by teachers to store useful information for classrooms needed throughout the year. Additional information about Schoology is generally provided at curriculum night.
- Access them through SSO by clicking the Blue M at the top of the page (desktop) or the My SSO tab in the mobile menu.
- For details on making online payments, including a Web Store tutorial, visit the Payments page.
- Another useful tool that is available through Minnetonka SSO is “My Stop”. “My Stop” allows parents to access bus locations and estimated times of arrival. This is a handy tool during cold Minnesota days! Follow instructions here.
- Minnetonka Public School District has an app available on android/apple store. This app has access to SSO, lunch menus, calendars, a staff directory, news and more. Learn more about the app.
The PTO raises funds with several goals in mind, including funding the PTO Operating Budget (which includes all PTO-related activities, some field trips, scholarships, supplies for the classroom, etc.), providing Teacher Grants, and funding a special project in support of the Principal’s request. To complement the fall fundraiser that supports the PTO Operating Budget and the spring fundraiser that often supports the special project, “Painless Fundraising” is a year-round effort to raise funds. It’s EASY!
- Mabel’s Labels: NEW! Visit campaings.mabelslabels.com and search for “Excelsior Elementary”. Order labels for everything so nothing gets left behind.
- Kowalski’s: Put your receipt in the Excelsior Elementary PTO box at the end of the check-out counters. Donations are given based on the number of receipts in the box, not the value of the receipt. Starbuck’s receipts count, too! We receive $500-600 every quarter!
- Smile.Amazon.com: Visit Smile.Amazon.com (instead of Amazon.com) every time you shop on Amazon. Select “Excelsior Elementary PTO” as your organization of choice (only required the first time you visit) and we’ll earn a percentage of your purchases.
- Box tops, Tyson Project A+ labels, Milk Moola Lids and Campbell’s Labels all add up as well and every bit helps. We average over $2,000 every year! Turn them in to your teacher or at the front desk.
For information on drop-off or pick-up, reporting absences, volunteering in the school, and much more, be sure to review the Parent Handbook.