Get involved with Deephaven volunteer activities.
There are so many benefits of lending a hand: Getting to know other parents, helping to improve your child’s school environment, and getting to see them during the school day.
Sign-ups this year are listed on Membership Toolkit.
How do I volunteer?
Log in to Membership Toolkit and click the Sign Up link at the top of the page to see all of the volunteer activities. The PTA sends weekly DEVO emails with volunteer opportunities.
If you have any questions at all please contact the volunteer coordinator Sandy Dostal at email@example.com or 612-724-2351.
Volunteer Code of Ethics
Deephaven welcomes and supports all volunteers. The Volunteer Code of Ethics is focused on creating an appropriate and safe learning environment for each Deephaven student. Your support will ensure that each child is afforded the respect and dignity he or she deserves in the learning environment. Please download the Volunteer Code of Ethics, sign and return to your child’s classroom teacher.
Background Check Process for Volunteers
To ensure the safety of our students, we require criminal background checks on the following:
- Any volunteer who accompanies students off campus (i.e., chaperones for field trips).
- Any volunteer who is responsible for working with students on campus, but not under the supervision of a licensed teacher.
Volunteer background checks do not need to be done every year. Once you have been approved through our volunteer background check process, you will be cleared to volunteer into the future without going through the process again.
To inquire whether you already have a cleared volunteer background check on file, please contact either the main office or Human Resources at 952-401-5014.
The online criminal background check form requires you to provide authorization for a variety of criminal background checks:
- National Sex Offense History: Provides a sexual offender registry check of all 50 states plus the District of Columbia.
- Criminal SuperSearch: A criminal search for 47 states plus the District of Columbia.
- Social Security Number Trace: Provides the name, aliases, 10 year address history, and all social security numbers associated with the individual. Verifies that the social security number is valid, gives year of issuance and state issued.
The background checks will be done at the District’s expense and information will be kept confidential. Human Resources staff members will review the results of each background check. If there are any concerns regarding the results of a background check, Human Resources will contact that individual directly within 24-48 hours after receiving the results. If you are not contacted within 48 hours after filling out the background check form you are clear to volunteer. The online form includes an option for volunteers to request a copy of their own report.
Thank you for your cooperation as we continue to maintain a safe and secure educational environment for our students.
Click here to complete the volunteer background check
Note: If you are a current employee of Minnetonka Schools, you are already cleared to work in the District, so do not need to complete the volunteer background check.