Insurance is available for all iPads that are part of the District’s 1:1 iPad program for students taking an iPad home. Insurance is elective; it is not required. Students who purchase insurance after receiving an iPad must have the iPad visually inspected by Media Center staff in order to verify the device is not damaged at the time of insurance purchase. Insurance will cover from date of purchase after inspection through the remainder of the school year and following summer. The annual cost for iPad insurance is $40 per iPad per year.
The replacement cost to families not choosing insurance:
- Damaged or broken screen without insurance, $115 to $275 depending on the model
- Replacement cost for the provided iPad case, $35
- Replacement cost for the provided iPad wall charger, $12
- Replacement cost for the entire iPad, $295
The insurance program offers complete coverage for the first instance of accidental damage. Additional instances of accidental damage will incur a $40 deductible. All iPad parts are covered, including the iPad battery, internal and external components, glass, LCD screen, external buttons, microphone jack, etc. This includes parts and labor.
Intentional damage is not covered. Intentional damage is that which is either observed to willfully have occurred or that which is determined by the type of damage to have been willful in nature.
- iPad damage incurred while out of a protective case.
- Damage to the iPad due to liquids is not covered.
- Loss and theft of the device is not covered.
- The iPad charger is not covered.
- The iPad case is not covered.
- The $40 fee for iPad insurance is paid online via Fee Management in Skyward.
- Please click here to find payment directions on the Bursar's Office webpage.
- You will receive a receipt at the end of your transaction. The receipt is your confirmation that the insurance coverage will be in place if or when you need it.
- For assistance with the payment process, or if you do not receive a receipt, email the Bursar's Office: firstname.lastname@example.org