Our Health Services team collaborates with educational and support services within the school and the community to promote student health for student achievement. Licensed school nurses (LSN) and health paraprofessionals work together to meet students’ physical, social, and emotional health needs, in addition to promoting the health and safety of the entire school community.
Our school health offices are staffed each student day by a health services paraprofessional with licensed school nurse support in the building or on-call within the District.
- Provide routine and emergency first-aid care to students and staff with illnesses and injuries.
- Provide care to students with chronic medical conditions as delegated by the LSN.
- Maintain documentation of immunizations and other health issues as part of the student health records.
- Administer medications as delegated by the LSN.
- Assist with monitoring and providing information regarding communicable concerns.
- Are certified in CPR and First Aid trained.
Licensed School Nurses
- Together with the health paraprofessional, promote and maintain the health and well-being of all students.
- Delegate and supervise first-aid care, medication administration, and health procedures.
- Assess, plan and document for students with health issues.
- Provide and plan the direct services for chronically ill or medically fragile students needing health procedures.
- Plan and provide for vision, hearing and scoliosis screening and referrals.
- Provide health consultation and education to students, staff and families.
- Provide referrals to community resources.
- Coordinate prevention and control of communicable concerns.
- Are registered nurses with a baccalaureate degree and are licensed in public health and school nursing.
- Accident Incident Report
- Allergy (Severe) Anaphylaxis Action Plan
- Annual Verification of Student Health Information
- Asthma Emergency Care Plan
- Diabetes Emergency Care Plan
- Immunization Record - Early Childhood
- Immunization Record
- Medication Form - Early Childhood
- Medication Form - Elementary (K-5)
- Medication Form - Secondary (6-12)
- Medication Form - Over the Counter (K-12)
- Request for Excused Absence Form
- Seizure Action Plan
- Self-Administer Emergency Epinephrine (Physician & Parent)
- Self-Administer Emergency Epinephrine (Student)
- Self-Administer Inhaler (Physician & Parent)
- Self-Administer Inhaler (Student)