Minnetonka students, staff and teachers work hard to promote positive social and academic environments in each of our schools. Routine monitoring has consistently shown that Minnetonka schools provide the culture of caring and respect that is essential to student success. In order to help maintain that environment, Minnetonka elementary schools adopted the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program® in 2010. Used worldwide, the Olweus (pronounced ol-va-us) program addresses bullying school-wide and gives children and adults a common language designed to improve peer relations and make schools safer, more positive places for students to learn and develop.
The Olweus Bullying Prevention Program is designed to improve peer relations and make schools safer, more positive places for students to learn and develop. Goals of the program include:
- reducing existing bullying problems among students
- preventing the development of new bullying problems
- achieving better peer relations at school
Stand up For Respect
- Is your child sexting?
- Parent-Tips on Preventing Sexting
- Safety Web: Is your online privacy or reputation at Risk?