Tonka Pride is an all-volunteer, community-led, school-supported initiative to celebrate pride in our kids and our schools.
- Tonka Pride focuses on Pre-K through 8th grade, staff, families and communities of the Minnetonka School District, including Chanhassen, Deephaven, Eden Prairie, Excelsior, Greenwood, Minnetonka, Shorewood, Tonka Bay, Victoria and Woodland. Look for the Tonka Pride Logo in your community.
- The Skippers Booster Club focuses on high school activities and apparel.
We need you!
We have committee openings! We are one of the best committees in the district to join, because we bond and learn from parents from all over the district. It’s time for some of the graduating moms to hand over the reins to new fun energetic parents! Volunteer time is as much or as little as you want to spend on it.
Contact Cheryl Holds at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and sign up!
- Homecoming float/parade co-chairs
- Tonka Pride co-chairs
- Sale coordinator(s)
- School reps
- Hourly volunteers
The treasurer completes a monthly report to note expenses and revenue of Tonka Pride, submits credit card statement and sales tax reports to the district’s Business Office, and tracks the profits to the schools from Tonka Pride sales and gym uniform sales. This person also works closely with Tonka Pride committee members, the Minnetonka Schools Executive Director of Communication, and Minnetonka Public Schools district office staff. The commitment is 8-10 hours, on average each month.
We allow each elementary school to auction four spaces on our homecoming float to raise money for their school. It has become a coveted position for our young skippers to be a part of the homecoming parade.
This position requires the chairperson to organize the auction baskets, collect the names of families who won, and create a fabulous experience for the winners. Most of the volunteer time is the week of the parade and day of parade. There is some time in January required (2-3 hrs) where we put the baskets together for the school galas.
- We host three weekend "pop-up stores" each year at the District Service Center, selling spirit wear, middle school PE uniforms, and Tonka merchandise.
- Working with PTO leaders, "pop-up" stores will occasionally appear at back-to-school open houses or elementary school events. Email email@example.com to schedule a "pop-up store" at your school.
We’ve “got pride” in everything we do
Promote and celebrate our students and staff
Recognize and award students and community leaders for outstanding achievement and community service
Initiate programs to celebrate school pride
Develop community awareness of Minnetonka Schools
Engage and connect the 10 Minnetonka School District communities
April 2018 clearance sale
District Service Center (by Clear Springs Elem)
5621 County Road 101, Minnetonka, MN 55345
- April 20, 2018 from 3-7 p.m.
- April 21, 2018 from 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Defective, new and un-worn Tonka Pride merchandise can be returned for exchange or at any one of the Tonka Pride sales.