Services Available through Minnetonka Public Schools
The supports available to students and families at Minnetonka High School (MHS) have recently been expanded. High school students can access free, onsite, confidential chemical health counseling through a partnership between MHS and Relate Counseling Center, thanks in part to a grant from the Minnetonka Family Collaborative. Judy Hanson is available to meet with students at MHS Wednesday and Thursday.
Judy provides services to students for a variety of reasons. A student may be referred to Judy as a result of a chemical violation, self-referral, and/or due to concerns from parents, coaches, or other school staff about substance use. She provides chemical health screenings and short-term counseling to students in the school setting. There is no cost to the student/family to access this service, and insurance is not billed. If the student is in need of more intensive services, Judy will provide referrals and resources for additional supports.
If you have a non-emergency chemical health concern about a student, you are encouraged to contact the student’s guidance counselor. Requests to meet with Judy will go through Melissa Feller, a social worker at MHS. Melissa is available to field chemical health questions and provide resources (including a referral to Isabella) for students, parents, staff, and community members. Melissa serves as the chemical health liaison between Minnetonka High School and Tonka CARES.
Community and Online Resources for Students and Families:
- Partnership for Drug-free Kids Hotline & Resources
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) Information for Parents & Educators
- Talking to Teens About Drugs and Alcohol: A Guide for Parents
Signs and Symptoms of Use
(Also called Chemical Health Assessments, Chemical Use Evaluations, Chemical Dependency Assessments or Evaluations)
- Relate Counseling Center 952-932-7277
- River Ridge Treatment Center 952-894-7722
- Anthony Louis Center – Burnsville 952-890-8879
- Hazelden Center for Youth and Families 888-257-7800
- Fairview Behavioral Health 612-672-2736
- Nystrom and Associates 1-844-697-8766
Connect with us to Participate
Get weekly reminders, fun activity tips, engaging articles and more!