Behavioral Health is the promotion of mental health, resilience and well-being. This includes the treatment of mental health, substance abuse disorders, gambling addiction, eating disorders and traumatic experiences. Supporting the individual, family and the community is essential to lessen the impact on overall physical health and emotional well-being.
Click here to learn more from the Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration.
Exploring individual Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) has taught us how traumatic experiences in childhood can impact the overall health in individuals. The relationship between the two are researched-based and can help to understand “what happened” to a child as opposed to “what is wrong” with a child…an indisputable difference.
Connect with us to Participate
Get weekly reminders, fun activity tips, engaging articles and more!
- Tuesday, Sept. 19, 9-10:30 a.m., DSC Community Room
- Tuesday, Nov. 14, 1-2:30 p.m., DSC Community Room
- Tuesday, Jan. 16, 9-10:30 a.m., DSC Community Room
- Tuesday, March 13, 1-2:30 p.m., DSC Community Room
- Tuesday, May 8, 9-10:30 a.m., DSC Community Room