Tonka CARES is a diverse community coalition that fosters the healthy development of youth, including substance use prevention and early intervention. With a commitment to stay current and relevant- and leveraging research and data – we:
- Build Relationships: We engage, connect and inform, with and for youth.
- Promote Wellbeing: We focus on essential community needs.
- Make Connections: We serve as the hub for information and partnerships.
- Think Systemically: We improve conditions within the community to effect change.
Current partners include:
Minnetonka Public Schools, South Lake Pediatrics, Minnetonka Police Department, South Lake Minnetonka Police Department, Relate Counseling Center, Carver County Public Health & Environment Division, Reframe Inc., Ridgewood Church, Westwood Community Church, Minnetonka Family Collaborative, myHealth for Teens and Young Adults, Traverse Counseling & Consulting, Association for Non-Smokers MN, Partners in Prevention, Hennepin County Human Services & Public Health Department and more!
Connect with us to Participate
Get weekly reminders, fun activity tips, engaging articles and more!
- Tuesday, Sept. 19, 9-10:30 a.m., DSC Community Room
- Tuesday, Nov. 14, 1-2:30 p.m., DSC Community Room
- Tuesday, Jan. 16, 9-10:30 a.m., DSC Community Room
- Tuesday, March 13, 1-2:30 p.m., DSC Community Room
- Tuesday, May 8, 9-10:30 a.m., DSC Community Room