Tonka CARES is a prevention-focused coalition made up of 50+ members representing various sectors of the community. We work with local law enforcement, businesses, city government, Minnetonka Public Schools, non-profits supporting youth, faith communities, students and parents to create a healthier community and environment that supports positive decision making among young people.
Tonka CARES is a diverse community coalition that fosters the healthy development of youth, including substance use prevention and early intervention. With a commitment to stay current and relevant- and leveraging research and data – we:
- Build Relationships: We engage, connect and inform, with and for youth.
- Promote Wellbeing: We focus on essential community needs.
- Make Connections: We serve as the hub for information and partnerships.
- Think Systemically: We improve conditions within the community to effect change.
Tonka CARES Updates
Eat. Talk. Connect.
A program that encourages families to connect and build strong relationships by sharing at least three meals every week. Click the logo for conversation starters, meal planning tips & activities, and more. We'll be here to help every week!
Follow us on twitter and Facebook each week for your conversation starter!!!
#eattalkconnect #tonkaCARES #TonkaSchools
Teens & E-Cigarettes
Did you know... that for the first time in 17 years, the prevalence of youth smoking in Minnesota has increased as a result of e.cigarette and vape usage.... click E-cigarette & vaping for more information and resources in our community.
We rely fully on grants and community support. Donate and become a sponsor of Tonka CARES! All contributions are tax deductible.
Connect with us to Participate
Get weekly reminders, fun activity tips, engaging articles and more!
- Tuesday, Sept. 19, 9-10:30 a.m., DSC Community Room (View Meeting Minutes)
- Tuesday, Nov. 14, 1-2:30 p.m., DSC Community Room
- Tuesday, Jan. 16, 9-10:30 a.m., DSC Community Room
- Tuesday, March 13, 1-2:30 p.m., DSC Community Room
- Tuesday, May 8, 9-10:30 a.m., DSC Community Room