Tonka CARES is a prevention-focused coalition made up of 50+ members representing various sectors of the community. We work with local law enforcement, businesses, city government, Minnetonka Public Schools, non-profits supporting youth, faith communities, students and parents to create a healthier community and environment that supports positive decision making among young people.
Tonka CARES is a diverse community coalition that fosters the healthy development of youth, including substance use prevention and early intervention. With a commitment to stay current and relevant- and leveraging research and data – we:
- Build Relationships: We engage, connect and inform, with and for youth.
- Promote Wellbeing: We focus on essential community needs.
- Make Connections: We serve as the hub for information and partnerships.
- Think Systemically: We improve conditions within the community to effect change.
Tonka CARES Updates
For More Information on youth summer wellness, recommendations for screen free time, please visit our Parent page.
A program that encourages families to connect and build strong relationships by sharing meals ever week. Click the logo for conversation starters, meal planning tips & activities, and more!
Follow us on twitter and Facebook each week for your conversation starter!!!
#eattalkconnect #tonkaCARES #TonkaSchools
Connect with us to Participate
Get weekly reminders, fun activity tips, engaging articles and more!
LOOKING FOR HELP RESOURCES??
We rely fully on grants and community support. Donate and become a sponsor of Tonka CARES! All contributions are tax deductible.
- Tuesday, Sept. 19, 9-10:30 a.m., DSC Community Room (View Meeting Minutes)
- Tuesday, Nov. 14, 1-2:30 p.m., DSC Community Room
- Tuesday, Jan. 16, 9-10:30 a.m., DSC Community Room
- Tuesday, March 13, 1-2:30 p.m., DSC Community Room
- Tuesday, May 8, 9-10:30 a.m., DSC Community Room