Summer Explorers is a flexible, full-day childcare program for children age 4 (by June 1) through grade 5. Featuring a variety of indoor and outdoor recreational activities, the Minnetonka Explorers Summer program ensures your child will have a fun, active summer. Throughout the summer, children will participate in a wide variety of activities such as art, music, science projects, games, writing, reading, crafts, outdoor play, computers, practicing social skills, gym time, dramatic play and much more! There is a balance of activity options that includes small group and individual choices.
Summer 2022 Care Locations (Age 4-entering Grade 5 in Fall 2022)
- Excelsior Elementary - recommended for children who attend (or will attend) Excelsior and Minnewashta Elementary
- Groveland Elementary - recommended for children who attend (or will attend) Deephaven and Groveland Elementary.
- Scenic Heights Elementary - recommended for children who attend (or will attend) Clear Springs and Scenic Heights Elementary
Summer Dates: June 15, 2022 through August 26, 2022
(Explorers will be CLOSED on Monday, July 4 and from August 29 through September 5)
*Exception is week of 8/22 – all sites on field trips Wednesday – Friday.
*Activity Days will include special projects and fun adventures. To the extent allowable per MDH safety guidelines, we may leave the school for field trips.
Summer registration information:
Summer options are for a full day only. Your child(ren) may attend a portion of the day but you will be billed for the full day.
- Families must register for a minimum of 10 days per child throughout the summer. During the registration process, you will see a calendar for June, July, and August. Please select the days you would like your child(ren) to attend. If you are unsure of your summer schedule, it is recommended to enroll for every day and remove days as needed.
- Any changes to your summer enrollment must be made by the deadlines below:
- All June schedule changes are required to be made by May 24, 2022
- All July schedule changes are required to be made by June 21, 2022
- All August schedule changes are required to be made by July 19, 2022
- A $10 contract change fee (for as many changes as you want to make at one time).
- The daily rate is $56.94 (grade K-5) and $61.36 (Pre-K age 4-5).
- For instructions on changing your schedule, click here.
- An Explorers t-shirt, which is required on field trips, can be purchased for $10. If your child forgets his or her t-shirt on a field trip day, he or she will be given a new one and a $10 charge will appear on your next invoice. T-shirts should be labeled with the child’s name. If your child will not be enrolled on activity days or water days they will not need a shirt. Explorers shirts from previous years can also be used.
- How much does Summer Explorers cost?
- Is tuition assistance available for Summer Explorers?
- Is there a credit for illness or absence?
- How does billing work?
- How do I make a payment?
- How do I update my Explorers auto payment?
- How do I get copies of my invoices?
- Can I get year-end summaries of Explorers payments?
- Where is Summer Explorers located this summer?
- What does a typical day of Summer Explorers look like?
- Does my child need an Explorers t-shirt?
- Are snacks and lunch provided at Summer Explorers?
- How does Explorers handle children with food allergies?
- What is your security system for child pick-up?
- What if I am unable to pick-up my child by 6 p.m.?
- How do I authorize new people to pick up my child from Explorers?