Summer Explorers is a flexible, full-day childcare program for children age 4 (by June 1) through grade 5. Featuring a variety of indoor and outdoor recreational activities, the Minnetonka Explorers Summer program ensures your child will have a fun, active summer. Throughout the summer, children will participate in a wide variety of activities such as art, music, science projects, cooking, games, writing, reading, crafts, outdoor play, computers, practicing social skills, gym time, dramatic play and much more! There is a balance of activity options that includes small group and individual choices.
Summer Explorers locations
- Scenic Heights Elementary
- Groveland Elementary
Summer Explorers dates:
- First date: Monday, June 15
- Last date: Monday, August 24
- Closed: Friday, July 3
Summer registration information:
- Requests for enrollment received March 11 or later will be approved on a space available basis and enrollment in the program cannot be guaranteed. There is a $45 non-refundable registration fee due at the time of registration. Requests for enrollment will be approved by April 7.
- Summer options are for a full day only. Your child(ren) may attend a portion of the day but you will be billed for the full day.
- Families must register for a minimum of 10 days per child throughout the summer. During the registration process, you will see a calendar for June, July, and August. Please select the days you would like your child(ren) to attend. If you are unsure of your summer schedule, it is recommended to enroll for every day and remove days as needed. Changes to your July schedule can be made by June 16. Changes to your August schedule can be made by July 14. A $10 contract change fee (for as many changes as you want to make at one time).
- The daily rate is $52.50 (grade K-5) and $56.50 (Pre-K age 4-5).
- For instructions on changing your schedule, click here.
- How much does Summer Explorers cost?
- Is tuition assistance available for Summer Explorers?
- Is there a credit for illness or absence?
- How does billing work?
- How do I make a payment?
- How do I update my Explorers auto payment?
- How do I get copies of my invoices?
- Can I get year-end summaries of Explorers payments?
- Where is Summer Explorers located this summer?
- What does a typical day of Summer Explorers look like?
- Does my child need an Explorers t-shirt?
- Are snacks and lunch provided at Summer Explorers?
- How does Explorers handle children with food allergies?
- What is your security system for child pick-up?
- What if I am unable to pick-up my child by 6 p.m.?
- How do I authorize new people to pick up my child from Explorers?