Jr. Explorers - Ages 3-5
Junior Explorers is sponsored though Minnetonka Community Education and offers a flexible, high-quality childcare program for preschool-aged children. Our highly qualified staff ensure all activities are age-appropriate and provide a balance between structured and non-structured play. Children spend time with friends in activities such as listening to stories, creating art and science projects and playing outdoors.
Junior Explorers is open from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. each weekday and requires a minimum of two days of care. Please note that children must be toilet trained by age 4 to participate in Junior Explorers.
Junior Explorers for Minnetonka Preschool
You may choose to combine childcare with Minnetonka Preschool, or enroll your child(ren) in only Junior Explorers. Combining Minnetonka Preschool and Junior Explorers childcare is a great option for families looking for high-quality childcare and a world-class preschool program. Staff accompany children between programs and ensure they are supervised at all times.
Wrap Community Ed activities into your child's day
Minnetonka Community Education offers a variety of enrichment and recreational activities that can be wrapped into your child’s day at the Minnetonka Community Education Center (MCEC). Your child can attend preschool, take a dance, gymnastics, music or language class and go to Junior Explorers childcare— all between drop-off and pick-up! Our staff will accompany children between each activity to ensure a safe, supervised transition.
We ask parents to enroll their children in Explorers on a consistent schedule, two to five days, at the same time increments each week for a minimum of four weeks. Changes to a family’s schedule must be made in writing or in their Eleyo account at least one week before modifications are set to take effect. Requests will be approved on a space-available basis and there will be a $10 fee per child for each change.
Adding a day to your schedule is an option. Additions will be approved on a space-available basis and require 24-hour advanced notice. Add-a-Day rates apply.
|Before Preschool||6:30-9 am
|After Preschool||3-6 pm
|6:30 am-12:30 pm
or 11:15 am-6 pm
|Half Day AM||6:30 am-12:30 pm||
|Half Day PM
|Full Day||6:30 am-6 pm||
|Summer||6:30 am-6 pm||
- How much does Junior Explorers cost?
- Is tuition assistance available for Junior Explorers?
- How does billing work for Junior Explorers?
- How do I make a payment for Junior Explorers?
- How do I update my auto pay for Junior Explorers?
- Is there credit for illness or absence from Junior Explorers?
- How do I get copies of my invoices?
- Can I get a year-end summary of my Explorers payments?
- Extended Absence Policy
- Where is Junior Explorers located?
- Is Junior Explorers an accredited childcare program?
- How will Junior Explorers teachers communicate with me regarding my child’s progress?
- Will the Junior Explorers children be taking naps?
- Does my child need to be toilet trained?
- Can my Junior Explorers child ride the bus to and from school?
- How does the lunch program work for my Junior Explorers child?
- Will my child have a snack at Junior Explorers?
- How does Junior Explorers handle children with food allergies?
- Is Junior Explorers in session on non-school days?
- Do I need to notify Junior Explorers if my child will miss a regularly scheduled Junior Explorers day?
- What is your security system for parent/child pick-up?
- What if I am unable to pick up my child by 6 p.m.?
- How do I authorize new people to pick my child up from Explorers?
K-5 Explorers: Please note that there is a $100 registration fee per child, which is non-refundable.
Summer Explorers: Please note that there is a $50 registration fee per child, which is non-refundable.
Junior Explorers: Please note there is a $200 fee due at the time of registration approval. $100 of this fee is a non-refundable registration fee. The remaining $100 is a deposit for care that will be applied to your first months invoice as a credit.
Minnetonka Community Education Center
4584 Vine Hill Road
Deephaven, MN 55331
Hours: 6:30 a.m.-6 p.m. weekdays