Volunteer at Tour de Tonka
The success of Tour de Tonka is largely due to our great volunteers. This year we need 500 enthusiastic volunteers! Be a part of our exciting event by volunteering your time and energy. Consider asking friends or family members to join you. Help is needed in the following areas:
- Registration and rider check-in (a high energy start to your day!)
- Parking lot attendants (if you like to wave your arms and meet and greet– this is for you!)
- Route Captains are assigned to a designated area on the route and are responsible for making sure that area is properly marked and signed before the event starts. You will be monitoring the route carefully on event day, ensuring that corner guards are in place and attending to any situations that arise quickly and calmly.
- Corner guards to assist riders at intersections & ensure safety (a huge safety need; this component of Tour de Tonka truly separates our ride from many others.)
- Route leads/Sweepers are assigned to a specific route and either lead the first rider of that route or follow the last rider on your scooter or motorcycle. You will be monitoring the routes along the way, reporting to HQ and assisting riders as needed. Where routes overlap, some route sweeps will act as a corner guard until the last rider has gone by, then follows behind.
- Bike corral attendants (fun interaction with the riders).
- Greeters (let your personality extend to the many riders!)
- Apparel & Merchandise sales assistants are assigned to help at the apparel table, selling apparel and merchandise at MHS.
For more information about volunteering please contact Lizzie Miller at 952-401-4157 or go ahead and sign up here.