Tonka Top Chef
Students in grades 3-5 are invited to participate in the first annual Tonka Top Chef Competition. Submit your healthy original recipe with a 1-2 minute video. Selected finalists will be invited to a live cook-off against other finalists. All participants will be provided with the necessary ingredients and utensils to cook with and will need to incorporate mystery food items into their dish. Each participant will have expert mentors to help along the way. Dish creations will be judged by our sponsors, area chefs and community leaders. The winners will be recognized at this event and throughout the Minnetonka community.
Those that register and submit their recipe and video will receive:
- Videos from local Celebrity Chefs that will give you cooking tips and tricks
- Free cooking related giveaway items
- A cookbook with all recipes submitted in the 2021/22 Tonka Top Chef competition
- ...and most importantly, the chance to compete in the Tonka Top Chef live cooking competition!
Please include the following in your entry:
- An original recipe that you created
- A video of no more than 60 seconds describing:
- Why you chose that recipe
- What is unique about your recipe
- A picture/video of the prepared dish
Entries will be accepted October 4-January 7.
Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email which will include everything you need to get started including:
- Where and how to share your video entry and recipe
- Entry guidelines
MCE is launching a new Wellness Initiative for students. We are looking to provide sponsorship support that will impact programs and activities to help youth in our community to cook well, move well, and live well for life regardless of their socioeconomic background.
Executive Chef Level - $5,000
- Speaking opportunity at the Cooking Competition
- Company logo recognition in email blasts, social media, Awards Banquet program and at event
Junior Chef Level - $500 (10 sponsor spots available)
- Company logo recognition in email blasts, social media, and on screen at event
CONTACT Tim Litfin
PHONE: (952) 401-5043