Firecracker Run - Thursday, July 4, 2019
Start your 4th of July off with a bang by participating in the Excelsior Firecracker Run!
Enjoy challenging, scenic terrain that includes stunning views of historic downtown Excelsior and Lake Minnetonka as you navigate the 1 Mile, 5K or 10K route. With rest stops, live music and plenty of enthusiastic volunteers along the way, runners can expect a fun-filled Fourth of July morning.
The Firecracker Run kicks-off a full day of festivities in downtown Excelsior that includes a kid's parade, sand sculpture contest, popsicle social, petting zoo, and of course, fireworks.
Last year, over 2,300 runners participated in the Firecracker Run, which is organized by Minnetonka Community Education. The day long Excelsior July 4 celebration is organized by the Excelsior Chamber of Commerce. 30% of all Firecracker Run registration fees are donated to the Chamber for the fireworks.
2019 Firecracker Race Results : www.mtecresults.com/event/show/2900/2019_Excelsior_Firecracker_Run
- Choose between a 1 Mile Run, 5K and 10K.
- The 5K and 10K races are chip-timed.
- 5K and 10K participants receive a wicking t-shirt. One-mile participants will have the option to buy a wicking t-shirt. Preferred sizes guaranteed to pre-registered runners only.
- This year's top male and female finishers in the 5K and 10K will receive an Invicta watch.
- The first, second and third place finishers in the 1 Mile will receive a gift card.
- All participants will receive a finisher medal.
- Thursday, July 4, 2019.
- All races start at Excelsior Elementary and end in the Excelsior Commons.
- 1 Mile Run starts at 7:30 a.m.
- 5K Run starts at 7:40 a.m.
- 10K Run starts at 7:50 a.m.
- View a parking map here.
Minnetonka Community Education coordinates the Excelsior Firecracker Running events in partnership with the Excelsior-Lake Minnetonka Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber of Commerce is in charge of the overall July 4th Celebration in Excelsior. 30% of the proceeds from the Firecracker Running events are donated by Minnetonka Community Education to the Chamber of Commerce for the Excelsior Fourth of July Fireworks display.