School Readiness Program
The purpose of the School Readiness Program is to help provide financial assistance to families in need, as their preschool-age children prepare for Kindergarten with the skills and behaviors necessary to be successful in future learning. It is a priority of School Readiness to involve parents in their child’s learning and education. Research has shown that early childhood programs that involve parents and children working together are more effective than programs that only focus on the child. Please fill out the following and return it to Jennifer Wenner:
- School Readiness Program application
- Two of the most recent pay stubs for each working adult in your home
- Your family’s 2020 tax return or acceptable* proof of participation in any of the following federally funded public programs: Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP), Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP), Free and Reduced Price Lunch Program (FRLP), Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), Food Distribution on Indian Reservations, Food Support (SNAP), Head Start or Foster Care
*Acceptable proof of participation includes: official notice on program letterhead; application with program approval/signature; authorization form from public program; current bill or receipt from the program; screenshot from a program’s official system of record. Proof of participation must be valid within six months of the award date or for school/fiscal year of application.
Documents can be returned using one of the following methods:
- Email to Jennifer Wenner
- Mail to Minnetonka Preschool at 4584 Vine Hill Road, Excelsior, MN 55331
- Drop off at Minnetonka Community Education Center front desk
Your completed application will be reviewed in the order it is received. If you are eligible for assistance, you will be contacted to meet with Jennifer Wenner to enroll your child in Preschool and sign a tuition agreement.
Licensed Parent Educator
Minnetonka Preschool School Readiness Program