Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is Minnetonka Preschool located?
- Is Minnetonka Preschool an accredited program?
- How will Minnetonka Preschool teachers communicate with me regarding my child’s progress?
- Does my child need to be toilet trained to attend Minnetonka Preschool?
- What happens if my child gets sick or injured during his/her preschool day?
- Do I need to notify Minnetonka Preschool if my child will miss a scheduled preschool day?
- Will my child have a snack at Minnetonka Preschool?
- What if I am unable to pick up my child by the end of his/her day?
- How do I authorize new people to pick my child up from Minnetonka Preschool?
- What school supplies might my child need for Minnetonka Preschool?
- How does billing work for Minnetonka Preschool?
- Is tuition assistance available?
- How do I update my auto pay for Minnetonka Preschool?
- Can I get a monthly or year-end summary of my Preschool payments?
Mini Tonka Times, our monthly program newsletter will be emailed to families as well as weekly classroom newsletters. Children are assessed using Teaching Strategies GOLD and results are shared at conferences with your child’s teachers that are held in the fall and spring and offer opportunities for you to ask questions and learn more about your child’s social and emotional growth and development. Teachers update parents throughout the day using the Precious Status Software Program.
Parents may be asked to pick up their child from school under the following circumstances:
- The child has a fever of 100 degrees F or above.
- The child is vomiting and/or has diarrhea.
- The child has a rash that may be disease related.
- The child does not feel well enough to return to the classroom.
In the event of an emergency, parents will be notified as soon as possible. If the parents cannot be reached, we will call the person the parents have indicated for us to call. If necessary, children will be transported to Methodist Hospital by a local emergency unit for treatment. The child will be transported at the parents’ expense. Children who receive minor injuries will be given first-aid by the school nurse or health para and parents will be notified. Medical emergency information must be completed each year when you enroll your child.
If your child will not be attending school and you know the day(s) in advance, please notify your child’s teacher. If your child is ill, please call 952-401-6813 to report their absence. Refer to the Preschool Parent Handbook for our illness policy. If your child attends Explorers Club, please notify their office as well at 952-401-6825.
Please plan on sending a daily healthy snack with your preschooler.
Requirements through our program’s accreditation with NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children), prohibit us from allowing certain snack items for children younger than 4 years of age.
All of these items are considered *choking hazards for children of this age, and we’d appreciate your cooperation by not sending these items to school with your child. The items are as follows:
- Hot dogs (neither whole/sliced)
- Raw Peas
- Hard pretzels (the large, rod type)
- Spoonful of Peanut Butter
- Chunks of raw carrot
- Large pieces of meat
- Whole grapes (sliced grapes are fine) Thank you for also remembering that due to food allergies, we are a “Peanut-Aware” building. Please refrain from bringing snack items that contain peanuts or tree nuts.
Preschool is set-up on an auto-pay system through Eleyo. Preschool tuition is divided into nine monthly payments. The first payment is due at registration and includes a $75.00 registration fee. All remaining payments are charged to your method of payment you set up in Eleyo on the first of each month October-May.
You must have a *Eleyo account for yourself and a profile for the child/children you wish to register, prior to enrolling in Minnetonka Preschool, ECFE, Junior Explorers or other MCE activities.
Use the tabs below for step-by-step registration instructions. You will need:
- Have on hand: Physician and clinic information, birth certificate, health history, medication information and emergency contact information
- Set-up a Eleyo account and profile
*Note: Feepay has changed their name to Eleyo.
Minnetonka Preschool Registration Checklist
Prepare for registration
For new families: Create an Eleyo account and profiles for your family. PLEASE NOTE: You must have an account for yourself and a profile for the child you wish to register prior to enrolling in Minnetonka Preschool, ECFE, Junior Explorers or MCE activities.
For returning families: Log in to your Eleyo account and check to make sure your family's information is current and that all family members have a profile created. If you forgot your password and need to reset it, please click here.
- When you register, please have physician and clinic information, health history, medication information and emergency contact information readily available. This information is required to complete registration for Minnetonka Preschool and Junior Explorers, and will not carry over from the previous year's registration form.
- The registration process will take approximately 20 minutes to complete for each program/child. Please have physician and clinic information, health history, medication information and emergency contact information available. This information is required on Minnetonka Preschool and Junior Explorers Club registration forms.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $75 for the first child, and $60 for the second child (if applicable), along with the first month's tuition (also non-refundable) are due at the time of registration.
- After you submit your registration, you will receive a confirmation email from Minnetonka Community Education confirming receipt of your registration and additional information.