Adult Fitness and Recreation
No matter your fitness level or goals, we have something for everyone! With day and evening classes in yoga, strength training, pilates and new fascial stretching, you're sure to find the perfect fitness class at Minnetonka Community Education.
Choose from a variety of fitness and recreation classes:
- Aquatics Learn to swim or try stand up paddle board yoga.
- Bocce Ball Offered summers at Bell Courts Park in Wayzata, this Italian lawn bowling game is a classic for all ages.
- Dance Whether you want to impress at a special occasion or have always dreamed of dancing in the rain, our classes are a fun, low-pressure way to learn.
- Kung Fu Wu Shu Strengthen your mind and body with this Chinese martial art.
- Log Rolling Improve balance, core strength, cardiovascular endurance, confidence and concentration with this fun sport.
- Pickleball A paddle sport perfect for all ages and skill levels, available during our beautiful Minnesota summers.
- Pilates A whole-body approach to gaining strength and improving function by accessing your deepest core muscles.
- Strength Training Increase bone density, build a stronger heart, halt muscle loss and improve your balance and coordination. Lifting kettlebells, dumbbells or your own body weight will get you on the right track.
- Tae Kwon Do Develop discipline, self-confidence, fitness and total health with this self-defense technique.
- Tai Chi Meditation in motion, a summer class offered outdoors to promote physical and emotional balance.
- Tennis Whether you're new to the sport or would like to explore match play strategy and advance your skills, MCE has a Tennis level for you.
- Volleyball We offer competitive open volleyball for advanced players.
- Yoga Sample a variety of yoga classes throughout the year: outdoor special event classes, summer beach yoga, power flow, traditional and gentle options.
- Zumba This Latin dance inspired aerobic class will leave you smiling and sweating!