First Aid & CPR
Minnetonka Community Education offers a variety of certification classes to meet your specific needs:
- Heartsaver CPR and AED
Designed for community members and professionals, this class teaches how to recognize the signs of cardiac arrest or other emergencies, and how to respond quickly and effectively.
- First Aid
Are you ready to act in an emergency? Learn a plan of action to recognize and deal with unconsciousness, bleeding, broken bones, head, neck and back injuries, sudden illness including stroke, diabetic emergencies, seizures, fainting and poisoning. In addition you will have an opportunity to practice bandaging and splinting.
- Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid
Designed for parents, childcare workers or anyone who interacts with small children, this class teaches basic first aid, CPR, and AED skills such as what to do when a child or infant has a breathing problem, how to give compressions and breaths to an infant or child and how to stop bleeding.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
Designed for healthcare professionals, this class provides the required BLS certification that is required in the health care industry including CPR, use of an AED, Airway Obstruction, and Ambu bag in simulated clinical scenarios.
Save a life!
Effective CPR, provided immediately after sudden cardiac arrest, can double or triple a victim’s chance of survival:
- Easy to learn, easy to retain
- Adult and Infant/Child CPR certification in one class, not two
- Re-certification every two years instead of one with American Heart Association certification.
- Training based on the latest scientific research
- Dynamic classes with time for hands-on practice