Hall of Fame
New! Minnetonka Community Education Hall of Fame
Minnetonka Community Education (MCE) is excited to launch a new recognition event. The inaugural MCE Hall of Fame event will now be a virtual event.
MCE will honor three individuals who have made a lasting positive impact on MCE, Minnetonka Schools and the communities we serve.
Jim Jones served as the Director of MCE from its inception in 1973 until 1996. He ran the program with energy and enthusiasm, enlisting the support and volunteerism of leaders and residents of the ten cities encompassed in the District as well as the community education staff. Jim set the standard for strong programming and community involvement that continues today.
Lynn Johnson’s role as a volunteer has been instrumental in support of many of MCE’s signature events, including the Tonka Youth Triathlon, Tour de Tonka and, as former Mayor of Excelsior, she helped to bring the Excelsior Firecracker Run to MCE in 2014. In fact, Lynn is the founder of the Firecracker Run, some 45 years ago. Lynn continues to take an active role in all MCE events. Lynn also serves as a member of the MCE Advisory Council and is a past chair of the advisory council.
Lois Norby served as Coordinator of Volunteer Programs at Minnetonka Community Education throughout the 80s and 90s. Lois worked within the District to recruit residents of all ages to volunteer time in classrooms and organize community support for referenda, while identifying potential leadership to support the Minnetonka mission throughout the District. Lois’s work at bringing speakers and creating partnerships in our schools was legendary.
MCE Hall of Fame induction event will include a dinner and program, hosted by Minnetonka School District and the Minnetonka Community Education leadership team.
Hall of Fame Ceremony Video will be released Wednesday, November 4
MCE HOF Categories
- Community Partners
- Staff and Instructors (Retired, Current, Rising Stars, Special Project)
Criteria: All candidates for the Minnetonka Community Education Hall of Fame will be judged on their merits of service, significant and/or long-term contributions to Minnetonka Community Education. They may be previous, active or retired participants, volunteers, employees, or partners of Minnetonka Community Education.
Community Partners who have:
- Demonstrated excellence in partnering with MCE (sponsor, business partner, Individual, MCE Ambassador, etc.)
- Provided opportunities, sponsorship or funding that has allowed community members to participate in programs, or contributed greatly to MCE programs and events
- Gone above and beyond in their community service activities and/or those who have shone a positive light on MCE, it’s programs, events volunteers or customers
Participants who have met all of the following criteria:
- Been a strong, consistent voice of advocacy for MCE
- Participated in multiple classes/programs/events
- Participated for a minimum of 10 years as an individual or a family
Individual or family volunteers who have met all of the following criteria:
- Individuals or families who have demonstrated a superior level of volunteer leadership
- Individuals or families who consistently volunteer in multiple programs
- Individuals or families who have made a life time and significant impact with their MCE volunteerism
Minnetonka Staff and MCE Instructors (Retired, Rising Stars, Special Project, Current Staff) who have met all of the following criteria:
- Consistently went above and beyond the requirements and expectations
- Made a significant, consistent and long-lasting community impact
- Demonstrated an unmatched level of personal commitment and unrivaled pride in MCE
- Demonstrated excellence for their work with and for MCE