School Board Meetings
COVID-19 Update: September 2020
School Board Study Sessions and School Board Meetings are, once again, being held in-person rather than virtually, and members of the public may attend.
In the interest of open communications, the District wishes to provide an opportunity for the public to address the School Board. If you wish to comment on any item included in the meeting agenda during the Study Sessions or Board Meetings, please plan to attend the Study Session or School Board Meeting in person.
With the public now able to attend Study Sessions and School Board Meetings in the District Service Center please note the COVID-19 social distancing protocols in place.
- Masks will be required and social distancing will be observed.
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the Community Room capacity at the District Service Center is currently no more than 15 audience members.
- Additional members of the public will be able to view the meeting on monitors set up inside and outside the building.
- Please see district staff upon arrival for more details, direction to the overflow room and to receive a Community Comments or Citizen Input card, if needed.
Please remember to read the Guidelines for Community Comments and for Citizen Input. If there are several community members attending a Study Session or School Board meeting who wish to speak on the same topic, please choose one spokesperson to summarize remarks for the entire group, per these guidelines. There will not be a chance to provide community comments/citizen input at special meetings or closed sessions.
In order to better inform the public, the School Board will be providing the agenda and supporting documents on the School Board website a minimum of three days before each Study Session or meeting.
About School Board Meetings
All School Board meetings are open to the public, unless specified as a closed or executive session in accordance with Minnesota statute. Meetings are held in the Community Room at the District Service Center, 5621 County Road 101, Minnetonka, MN 55345.
- Regular School Board meetings take place at 7 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month unless otherwise specified.
- Study Sessions take place at 6 p.m. on the third Thursday of each month, except in October when the meeting will be held on the fourth Thursday to avoid a conflict. These are working sessions, and the public is welcome and invited to attend.
School Board Meetings are now live-streamed. They are also recorded and archived on this website the day after the meeting. The School Board Study Session meeting minutes are approved at the next School Board meeting and posted on the website following that meeting.
Please note, we will have sign language interpreters and/or closed captioning for regular School Board Meetings. If you are attending a Study Session in person and would like to request a sign language interpreter be present, please contact Carrie Voeltz at firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 22, 2020: Study Session
- November 5, 2020: Regular Session
- November 19, 2020: Study Session
- December 3, 2020: Regular Session
- December 17, 2020: Study Session
meeting recordings and REbroadcast
You can view the recorded School Board meetings via the Meeting Archives on this page (listed by Board meeting date).
School Board meetings are also rebroadcast via a cable provider. Please click here to view the broadcast schedule.