We welcome all community members to play a role in keeping our school buses safe and student friendly. Each and every one of us is a member of the school bus safety team. Every person can make an important difference in the safety of students as they board, ride and exit school buses.
We live more than two miles from our child's school:
- Minnesota state statute requires school districts to provide transportation at no charge for all students who reside more than two miles from the school they attend.
- Elementary and middle school bus assignments will be mailed out the end of August.
- High school transportation needs to be requested each year. Visit the MHS Transportation page for more information.
We live less than two miles from our child's school:
- We assess a transportation fee for bus service for students who reside less than two miles from the school they attend.
- Bus service is provided on a "first come, first serve" basis. To assure a bus pass will be processed and distributed prior to the start of school, registration must be completed by June 9.
- The annual transportation fee is $100 with a maximum cost per family of $250 per year. For your convenience, you can make a $50 deposit per student against your total fee amount. If you choose this option, the remaining balance is due by October 31.
The annual transportation fee is $100 with a maximum cost per family of $250 per year. You can make a $50 deposit per student against your total fee amount, with the remaining balance due by October 31.
If you do not wish to pay online, you may download and print the registration form to mail with payment.
If your household qualifies for the Free and Reduced Price School Lunch Program, please complete the Transportation Bus Registration Fee Form
If you are not the primary family and need alternate transportation, please complete the Annual Request for Daycare, Alternate, or Open Enrollment Transportation Form.
Open enrollment students who will use district busing must complete this form each year, indicating the bus stop within the district boundary that the student will use.
Working together for a safe and pleasant ride
It is the right of each student to be treated in a reasonable and respectful manner whether in school or on the school bus. When disruptions occur on the school bus they are usually related to student misbehavior. Issues may arise as a result of the actions of a single student, the interaction among several students or the interaction between students and their driver. We would like to deal with these misbehavior issues immediately, before they become a more serious problem or reach the level of harassment.
As a rule, school bus drivers correct or report misbehavior as soon as possible after it is observed. However, there may be times when behavior-related problems occur which are unpleasant for a student, but not readily evident to a driver.
Please do not hesitate to report (and encourage your child to report) incidents of harassment which may not have come to our attention through everyday communication.
As a part of your school transportation team, we are committed to the goal of providing a safe and pleasant ride for all students on a daily basis. Your cooperation is always appreciated in helping to achieve this goal.