Screen Time and Student Well-Being: Raising Tech Healthy Kids
- Watch a 20 minute talk about managing screen time and setting family guidelines around technology at home given by Dave Eisenmann, Director of Instructional Technology & Media Services.
Parenting in the Digital Age Webinar: Finding a Healthy Balance Parts I & II
Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Fortnite and more… Technology is a big part of our kids’ world! Keeping up can be challenging, but a positive and well informed approach can have a big impact on a child’s future and habits. Learn how through the webinars recorded below. Join Mathew Meyers, a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist specializing in family relationships and healthy technology use including video game addiction and Dave Eisenmann, Director of Instructional Technology & Media Services for Minnetonka Public Schools, as they discuss Parenting in the Digital Age: Finding a Healthy Balance. Get tips and ideas for maintaining open dialog about technology and understand the significant role you play in helping youth be responsible and safe in today’s high-tech world. You can watch the videos in their entirety by starting with the first topic below or skip ahead to specific topics of your choice:
- Part I, 53 minutes, audio recording below: Screen Time & Balance, Attention & Focus, Addiction, Parenting & Modeling, Monitoring & Filtering, and Age Recommendations
- Part II, 54 minutes below: Parenting Strategies and Tips, Digital Footprints, Cyberbullying, and Pornography and Sexting
- Part I: Screen Time & Balance
- Part I: Attention & Focus
- Part I: Addiction
- Part I: Parenting & Modeling
- Part I: Monitoring & Filtering
- Part I: Age Recommendations
- Part I: Implementing Changes
- Part II: Parenting Strategies & Tips
- Part II: Digital Footprints
- Part II: Cyberbullying
- Part II: Pornography & Sexting
- Part II: Next Steps & Further Resources
Open the link below to view instructions for students and parents on the technology tools used for e-learning in Minnetonka.
Submit questions and feedback online and receive a response within one business day through the Family Technology Helpdesk.