Minnetonka Theatre is excited to revive their award-winning musical "Something Rotten" at Theatre L’Homme Dieu in Alexandria this summer! After the show's initial run as the MHS spring musical in 2021, it caught the attention of L’Homme Dieu, and the cast was invited to perform it for a second run on their stage only a little over a year later.
“We were honored to be the first high school ever selected to perform at Minnesota’s longest running professional summer stock back in 2019 with our production of Bright Star,” said Artistic Director Trent Boyum. “Our students are beyond thrilled to be invited back to perform Something Rotten on the TLHD stage. We’d love to see our supportive audiences in Alexandria this summer! It’s only a couple hours west of the Cities. Take a day trip, have lunch, and see the show. It’s going to be a blast!”
About Something Rotten:
Welcome to the Renaissance! Set in 1595, this hilarious smash tells the story of Nick and Nigel Bottom, two brothers who are desperate to write a hit play but are stuck in the shadow of that Renaissance rock star known as “The Bard.” When a local soothsayer foretells the future of theatre, Nick and Nigel set out to write the world’s very first MUSICAL! With its heart on its ruffled sleeve and sequins in its soul, Something Rotten! is guaranteed to delight theatregoers of all ages.
- Show: Something Rotten
- Dates: July 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 at 7:30 pm; July 14, 17 at 1:30 pm
- Location: Theatre L’Homme Dieu, 1875 County Road 1210, Alexandria, MN 56308
- Tickets: $30 – Reserved Seating (Group Rates Available)
- Produced by: Minnetonka Theatre & Theatre L’Homme Dieu
- Director: Trent Boyum
- Additional Info: www.minnetonkatheatre.com or https://www.tlhd.org/
- Purchase tickets: 320-846-3150 or https://www.tlhd.org/