Minnetonka Public Schools provides one of the best Kindergarten experiences in Minnesota. Our primary goal is to inspire in children to love learning through social and emotional teaching strategies. Our robust curriculum balances active, playful, hands-on learning with individual, small and large-group instruction designed to nurture early academic skills and promote social development.
Our Kindergarten teachers have a genuine love for children and Kindergarten. They inspire in a passion to wonder, discover, create and excel. Using the best of childhood development and brain research, they ignite a love of learning that burns brightly for Minnetonka students through graduation and beyond.Minnetonka has an enhanced Kindergarten curriculum which provides a full day of learning and fun to meet the changing needs of today’s learners. We also offer flexible solutions for parents interested in a part-day experience.
- Kindergarten students should be five years old by September 1. Parents may request early entrance consideration for children turning five by October 31.
- Online registration for resident families in Minnetonka School District is now open. Families must register all children entering Kindergarten in fall 2018, even if other siblings are currently enrolled. The priority deadline to complete the online registration form is January 25, 2018. Resident applications will be accepted after the deadline, but first-choice schools or programs may be filled.
- The state deadline for open enrollment applications is January 15. Late applications will be accepted as space allows. Approved open-enrolled families will receive an email with instructions for registering online.
- Our elementary schools host a Kindergarten welcome event in the spring for all enrolled students. Please watch your email for additional communication.
- All enrolled families will receive an email in mid-August from the Minnetonka Technology Department with instructions for claiming a Skyward account for lunch payments and more.
Our student enrollment staff is available to assist. Call 952-401-5009 if your family last name begins with A-L or 952-401-5012 if your family last name begins with M-Z.
Student last names A-L:
Student last names M-Z:
Minnetonka Schools Student Registration
5621 County Rd 101
Minnetonka, MN 55345
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays
Submit questions and feedback online and receive a response within one business day through Let’s Talk.