Frequently Asked Questions
- What does my Open Enrollment application guarantee?
- Do I need to let you know about younger siblings?
- I’ve applied/registered. When will my next communication be?
- Once approved for Open Enrollment do I need to reapply every year?
- When will I be able to log into Skyward?
- I am having trouble logging into Skyward or forgot my password.
- Can I change my own address on Skyward?
- When will I sign up for transportation/busing and where can I find that information?
- When/How do I sign up for classes at MHS?
- My family has moved! Who do I contact?
- If I move out of the district can I still attend?
When you complete the open enrollment application, you are applying to the District, not a particular school or program. You will have the opportunity to include your top three choices on the form - for kindergarten, please include your top 3 building and language choices. These will be taken into consideration and you will be notified of available building/program by email.
You will start to receive communications from the District in November.
Open enrolled families will be notified by February 15 as to which program and school they will be able to attend.
For incoming Kindergartners, you will be invited to a Spring event at the school. An email will go out after our spring break (see district calendar)
Student last names A-L:
Student last names M-Z:
Minnetonka Schools Student Registration
5621 County Rd 101
Minnetonka, MN 55345
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays
Policy on Open Enrollment
Policy #509, District's Enrollment of Non-Resident Students.
Transportation is only provided within the Minnetonka School District boundaries. Open enrollment students may access in-district transportation at an existing bus stop within the District. Register through the Transportation office.
Message from the Superintendent
Read a message from Superintendent Peterson to in-district families regarding Open Enrollment.