Resident and Open Enrollment
Shape Your Child's Future
The Minnetonka Public School District is one of the best performing school districts in Minnesota and the nation. Our students attend one of six elementary schools (grades K-5), two middle schools (grades 6-8) and one high school (grades 9-12). We also offer online learning options (grades K-12) through Tonka Online and post high school special education transition programming through the SAIL Transition Program.
With innovative high achievement programs and extensive supports, we plan for the success of each student:
- K-12 Chinese & Spanish Language Immersion or English-only Instruction Options
- Personalized, child-centered education provides each student with guidance and support
- Challenging learning experiences such as Navigator, Wings, accelerated math and reading help students unlock their potential
- Focus on technology literacy includes K-5 computer coding and 1:1 iPads in grades K-12
- In-Person and online options available
Enroll Your Child Today
Enrollment is now open for K-12 in-person and Tonka Online for the 2023-24 school year. Click on the buttons below to begin your enrollment or visit the Resident Enrollment Checklist or Open Enrollment Checklist page to learn more about the enrollment process.
Not sure if you are a resident in the Minnetonka School District? Click here to find out if you live in-district.
Do you need help? Our student enrollment staff is available to assist! Call 952-401-5009 if your family last name begins with A-L or 952-401-5012 if your family last name begins with M-Z.
- The priority deadline for resident registration is January 15, 2023. If you apply after the priority deadline, first-choice schools or programs may already be filled.
- The state deadline for open enrollment applications is January 15, 2023. If you apply after the state deadline, you are not guaranteed a spot in our District.
Preschool & Early Childhood Family Education
If your child is not yet school-age, please consider our Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) and Minnetonka Preschool options. Minnetonka Preschool focuses on preparing children for kindergarten by following Minnesota’s Early Learning Standards and implementing research-based curriculum and assessment. From Baby and Me classes to preschool, we support children and parents every step of the way. You can also contact our enrollment office with your child's name and date of birth; this will ensure you receive future enrollment information.
District Boundaries Map
Is the home you're considering within the Minnetonka School District boundaries?
Enter the address in the District Map to confirm the district and assigned elementary, middle and high schools.
Contact Student Accounting
Student last names A-L:
Student last names M-Z:
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Minnetonka Schools Student Registration
5621 County Rd 101
Minnetonka, MN 55345
*Please note, to schedule a tour you may call the school of interest directly or complete our visit form.