Mission, Beliefs and Vision
Loading from Vimeo...
The mission of the Minnetonka School District is to ensure all students envision and pursue their highest aspirations while serving the greater good. In a community that transcends traditional definitions of excellence, we use learning and teaching as tools to value and nurture each person, inspire in everyone a passion to excel with confidence and hope, and instill expectations that stimulate extraordinary achievement in the classroom and in life.
We believe that:
- An educated populace is integral to a democratic society.
- Families have the primary responsibility to ensure the education of their children.
- All adults are responsible for the care and welfare of all children.
- All people deserve the opportunity to pursue their individual potential.
- A person’s attitude is the most significant determinant of success.
- Personal fulfillment comes from pursuing one’s passion.
- Each person has fundamental, intrinsic worth.
- The dignity of each person is sacred.
- All people need to love and be loved.
- All people have a right to live and work in a safe environment.
- The uniqueness of each individual enriches the community.
- All people have the right to express matters of conscience.
- Effective communication is essential to building relationships and strengthening mutual commitment to purpose.
- Integrity is essential to a meaningful relationship.
As a world-class organization dedicated to child-centered excellence, the Minnetonka School District will:
- Challenge and support all students in the pursuit of their highest levels of academic and personal achievement.
- Practice prudent and innovative management of public resources.
- Advocate for strong academic and strong co-curricular programs.
- Attract, develop, and support the highest quality teachers and other educational professionals.
- Demand the highest standards of professional excellence in every level of the organization.
- Create, pursue, and champion outstanding early childhood education opportunities so that all children enter kindergarten ready to learn and succeed.
- Tailor learning experiences to the needs of individual learners.
- Create positive, enjoyable learning environments.
- Foster the development of good character and social responsibility.
- Inspire students to understand and serve the greater good.
- Celebrate students and staff of all backgrounds, cultures, experiences and identities.
- Instill an abiding appreciation for the rights, privileges, and values of America’s system of government.
- Produce outstanding graduates who are ready to contribute and thrive in a wide array of future pursuits and engage in life-long learning.
- Earn and maintain broad-based community support.