Excellence and Belonging
A Commitment to Excellence and Belonging
The Minnetonka School Board has a vision for world class, child centered excellence. We believe that students who feel a sense of belonging in their school are more likely to experience success inside and outside the classroom. The School Board, District Leadership, teachers and staff commit to working tirelessly to provide a school environment where all students feel safe, welcome, supported and accepted. As a District, we will strive to make sure each student feels heard, respected, included, valued and connected to our community—a feeling that they belong.
In order to support excellence and belonging, the District commits to the following:
- Providing students with the tools, opportunities and support for success in school and preparation for beyond school, whether their post high school plans are to choose 2-year or 4-year college, trade school, technical college, the military or employment.
- Programs and services will be in place at all schools in our District to ensure that student academic performance will not fall into patterns identifiable by factors such as race, ethnicity, English language proficiency, socio-economic status, religion, sexual orientation, or ability.
- Providing teaching and learning services which will allow each student to achieve excellence where personal and academic achievement will flourish.
- Services will be in place in our district to ensure all students have a person and place to connect with and to be heard around concerns that are impacting their sense of inclusion and belonging.
- Deepening our understanding of factors impacting academic performance.
- Discovering and pursuing new strategies for eliminating all achievement gaps.
In this section
- Excellence and Belonging Home
Support and Resources
- Community Resources
- TIPS276 (Report Discrimination/Bullying/Harassment)
- Student Well-Being Guide
- Our Vision for the Future (pdf)