Activities - MME
Fall Sports Registrations are now open. Enrichment and Clubs will open after school begins as those activities are announced.
Welcome Students and Families!
We offer a wide variety of co-curricular and enrichment opportunities for students. Activities are both seasonal and ongoing throughout the school year. Seasonal athletics typically run after school Monday through Friday for about eight weeks. Ongoing activities usually meet once a week for several weeks, months or throughout the school year.
We encourage every student to register for at least one co-curricular activity. Co-curricular activities are a great way to explore something new, improve upon talents you already have and make new friends.
The three sports offered at MME this fall are: boys’ & girls’ cross country running, girls’ tennis and girls’ volleyball (for 7th & 8th graders only). There are some things you can do ahead of time to insure an easier registration on August 6th:
- Make sure your child has a Sports Qualifying Physical on file with us before registration. These physicals are good for three years from the date of the exam and must remain current throughout their sports season. The system will not allow you to register for sports without a Sports Qualifying Physical on file. You can email it to Anna.Camp@minnetonkaschools.org or drop it off in the front office at MME for the attention of Annie Camp. A blank copy of the MSHSL physical form to bring to your sports physical appointment can be found here: http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/publications/code/forms/PhysicalExam.pdf
- For information on MME fall sports, visit the MME Activities webpage on the Minnetonka website. https://www.minnetonkaschools.org/activities/middle/mmeScroll down to Athletics. Each fall sport has a live link with further information along with registration directions. There is a lot of information on this page. Please make sure you click on the link for whichever sport you are registering for and read what is posted there thoroughly.
- If you have specific questions about a sport please email the coach/advisor for answers to those questions and they will reply as soon as they are able. A reminder that most coaches and advisors are teachers and may not be checking their email until the week prior to school starting this fall.
If you have questions regarding registration, contact Anna Camp, MME Activities Registrar after August 6th at:
Assistant to MME Activities Coordinator & Registrar
If you would like more information about a specific activity, please contact the advisor listed on the activity info sheet (Google Doc).Have a great year and get involved!
MME Activities Coordinator
CLUBS & ENRICHMENTS
HOW TO REGISTER
All students who participate in any co-curricular activity will need to:
- Find a sport, activity or a few activities that interests you.
- Pay the one-time-per-year Participation Fee of $50. This is in addition to the Activity Fee, which varies for different activities.
- All student athlete participants must have a ‘sports qualifying physical’ on file with the heath office. They are good for three years from date of exam.
- Sign-up or register for the sport(s) or activities you enjoy.