2020-21 Minnetonka Skippers Winter Sports Update
Minnetonka Skippers 2021 Spring Sports Attendance Policy
Greetings Skippers Families and Fans,
Under the direction of the Minnesota State High School League and the Minnesota Department of Health, Minnetonka High School Activities has implemented a new contact tracing protocol for all spring sporting events and competitions with spectators.
Varsity Sports (Baseball, Track & Field, Lacrosse): Spectators will purchase a ticket through Vanco tickets. Tickets for home and some away events will be found https://lakeconference.org/public/genie/23/school/3/. Click the date of the event. This will serve as our contract tracing method for these sports.
Underclass Spring Sports Teams (JV, Freshman, Sophomore) and Non-Ticket Varsity Spring Sports (Softball, Tennis, Golf): Upon entry to the event, you will see a large sign with a QR code. These signs will be at the entrance of every field, court, track, etc. You will need to scan the QR code with your mobile device, and then enter your contact information into the linked Google Form.
Minnetonka and all Lake Conference schools use Vanco, an online ticketing platform. Any changes to this policy will be posted on https://twitter.com/TonkaSkippers first and then updated here.
Tickets for the following Varsity events are available on Vanco at the links provided below and are for presale only. This applies to MHS families, students and general public.
- Purchase your ticket online (you may purchase on your mobile device at any time prior to the event).
- Show your email ticket and QR code on your phone or printed copy.
- Attendance at all games will be cataloged to comply with contact tracing guidelines.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times.
- Social distancing 6' between individuals or family units is expected and will be enforced.
- All spectators must maintain at least 12 feet from the playable surface AND team benches.
- All spectators must leave the event immediately following the event. You may not visit with any participants. Fans must leave the stadium and meet outside.
- No noise makers or signs are allowed.
- Spectators may only leave the bleachers to use the restrooms.
- Doors will be marked with "ENTER" and "EXIT." Please use the appropriate door.
- Spectators may arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to the event and must leave immediately following. No pre- or post-game loitering will be allowed inside the building.
- Temperature checks will occur upon arrival. Hand sanitizer will be available as well.
- All spectators practice self check prior to attending. If you have symptoms or think you have been exposed, please stay home.
LIVE STREAM INFORMATION
Please check https://lakeconference.org/public/genie/23/school/3/ for most current schedule and live streaming information. Note: To subscribe to calendar and receive text updates, click the "Notify Me" link in the right navigation bar. Streaming information will also be posted on https://twitter.com/TonkaSkippers as available.
MHS Athletics Return to Participation Policy
The MHS Athletics Return to Participation policy contains important information for participants and spectators. Find at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P-TWOh7Smxr3b_wlWoyvm51DQeKLTx__riavEGwOmK4/edit?usp=sharing.
Skippers teams have won 67 state championships since 1953
Minnetonka ranked 9th among nation's best public schools for athletes by Niche.com
80% of MHS students participate in co-curricular activities
30 Minnetonka student athletes signed National Letters of Intent in 2017-18
Six Minnetonka alumni are currently playing professionally in the NHL, AHL and NFL.
Minnetonka Skippers athletics spectatorship attendance policy.
Minnetonka High School has named Howe Siegel as Head Boys Tennis Coach.