Third Grade District Choir
Third Grade Choir: Includes third grade boys and girls from each of the six elementary schools in the Minnetonka School District. For the 2018-2019 season, there will be two separate locations and times to accommodate different family schedules and locations around the district.
Third Grade Skipper Choir:
Rehearsal Day: Mondays beginning October 29th
Rehearses at Clear Springs Elementary from 4:15-5:15 in rm 46
Directed by: Melani Schwartz
Third Grade Anchor Choir:
Rehearsal Day: Tuesdays beginning October 30th
Rehearses at Minnewashta Elementary School from 4:15-5:15 in rm 140
Directed by: Lisa Skaff and Becky Asche
Concerts take place at the Minnetonka High School Arts Center on the Main Stage. Concerts feature the 3rd grade choir, and also the 4th and 5th grade choirs.
How to join
1. Talk to your family about joining.
2. Click on “3rd GRADE CHOIR HANDBOOK” to check out the rehearsal, retreat, and concert dates to make sure you can be present.
3. Make sure you have transportation available to get to rehearsals. Unfortunately, busing is not provided. Many families find that carpooling works well.
4. Click on the link below to be forwarded to the online registration form.
Choir registration fee
3rd Grade District Choir is FREE!
In case of illness or other unavoidable conflict, please notify your child’s director through email. If a singer misses three rehearsals during a semester, they will need to schedule a make-up time with the director. If a singer misses more than three during a semester, they will be asked not to attend the next concert or performance. Every rehearsal is important! When your singer misses one rehearsal, it slows down the progress of the entire choir, which affects the quality and quantity of the music that we can learn.
If a singer needs to leave early please provide a written letter or an email for safety purposes.
There will be times during the year that we will need parent help. Notifications of volunteer opportunities will be sent out through email after your student has been registered.
Communication from the directors will arrive through email. We will create an email distribution list to send out direct messages and news. We will always use the blind copy option to keep information private.
Saturday, November 3rd, 10:30am-12:30pm
At Clear Springs Elementary School
Drop Off/Pick Up (for Minnewashta Location)
Singers are to be dropped off at door 7W (the parent pick-up circle) for choir no earlier than 4:05 p.m. Supervision is not provided until 4:05 p.m.
Use entrance “4” and follow the direction of the red arrows on the map for traffic flow.
Singers are to be picked up at 5:15 p.m. at the same door (7W).
If you choose to park in the bus lot, please get out of your car and walk your child to and from door 7W for safety reasons.
Rehearsals are at:
26350 Smithtown Rd, Excelsior, MN 55331
Deephaven & Scenic Heights Elementary Schools
What We Do
- Sing fun songs
- Make new friends
- Learn how to become better singers
- Sing the National Anthem at sporting events
- Sing in a winter and spring concert
- The Elementary School Choir Tour (you get to miss a day of school to sing with your friends)
- Fun choir parties (winter sledding party and roller-skating party)
What students like best about being in choir
- Making new friends, singing great songs, and having awesome choir directors
- Touring the schools
- Learning new cool songs
- Having fun
- Improving their singing voice
- Performing for lots of people