La Copa Minnetonka 2018
Minnetonka "Takeover EVENT" at TCF Bank Stadium
Sit with friends at the May 20 Minnesota United vs. Sporting Kansas City game!
Join us at 1 p.m. on Sunday, May 20, at TCF Bank Stadium for a Professional Soccer League match between Minnesota United and Sporting Kansas City! We have a limited number of seats available in the Minnetonka Takeover Section so purchase your tickets ASAP! After your payment, you will be given a link to "invite friends." Share this link with family and friends. Anyone who purchases through that link will be seated next to you.
Takeover Event Soccer Game Tickets $20
Thank you for making the APRIL 27 La Copa Minnetonka Event a success. Here is a recap of that event:
An E-12 Minnetonka event celebrating language, culture, community and soccer!
La Copa takes place Friday, April 27 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Minnetonka High School Einer Anderson Field
This event is free!
- Select Tonka United U16 teams will be coached by Minnesota United FC Celebrity Player Coaches Brent Kallman and Collin Martin (see below)
- Minnetonka Skipper mascot & Minnesota United FC Loon mascot appearances
- Pre-schooler mini-soccer game activity area
- The Minnetonka High School Girls Soccer Team will have a table with temporary tattoos and face painting.
- Half-time features a 22-country flag parade (representing Spanish-speaking countries around the world) across the field.
- Latino Food Trucks coordinated by Minnesota United FC
- Salsa Spot (Mexican)
- El Jibarito (Puerto Rico)
- Taco Taxi (Mexican)
- CRAFT (Costa Rican/American Food Truck)
- Empanadas del Sur (Argentina)
- La Picosa radio's Fredy Padilla will announce the game in both Spanish and English.
Minnesota United FC Celebrity Player Coaches
Woodbury native Brent Kallman has spent his entire
professional career with Minnesota since first joining the club in 2013. With his signing in January 2017, he became the first Minnesotan to join the Loons in MLS. He made 23 appearances (23 starts) during the inaugural season, contributing two goals and captaining the side on a number of occasions. Kallman attended Woodbury High School, where he lettered in soccer, tennis, basketball and football, earning first-team all-state and all-conference in the former as a senior. He was also a member of the Minnesota Olympic Development Program.
A young, creative midfielder, Martin made seven
starts (11 appearances) for the Loons during the 2017 campaign after joining the squad via a trade with D.C. United on January 3, 2017. He has represented the United States at U14, U15 and U17 levels and was the only high-school junior to train with the U20 squad in January 2012. He spent one year at Wake Forest University, where he scored one goal and added six assists –– the most on the team –– and earned selection to the All-ACC Freshman Team. Before college, Martin attended Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School in Bethesda, Maryland and was a D.C. United Academy member, impressing the coaching staff enough to see playing time with the D.C. United Reserves.
Get into the spirit!
- On Friday, April 27, students should wear their favorite soccer team's jersey, a Tonka United jersey or school colors to school and to the game.