Ross McGlasson Award
Ross McGlasson Award for Leadership in Community Service
This relatively new award promotes and recognizes strong volunteer leadership and community involvement in the South Lake Minnetonka Area, including:
- Support of the Minnetonka School District
- Support of youth-oriented activities and services
- 2018 - Nick Ruehl
- 2017 - Frank Kuzma, community volunteer
- 2016 - Tom Stevens, owner of Maynard's
- 2015 - Ron Kamps, community volunteer
- Multiple Organizations – Leadership inside the Minnetonka School District and/or in the community
- Strong Leadership – Either as a recognized leader or an extremely committed volunteer whose work inspires others
- Legacy – Leaves a legacy of a stronger organization with better vision
To make a nomination, answer the following questions via a letter, email or online:
- Nominee’s name and contact information.
- For what community organization(s), school(s), program(s) or activities has the nominee volunteered?
- Please describe the leadership contribution. Detail involvement in multiple organizations and specific leadership positions.
- Describe the leadership characteristics that sets this nominee apart.
- Share any additional reasons this nominee should be considered for this award.
The award will be presented periodically, when exemplary nominees match the legacy of Ross McGlasson’s leadership and community service. Nominations are solicited concurrent with the Minnetonka School District Celebration of Excellence nominations through March 1 each year. All nominations from prior years will be considered in subsequent years. When presented, this recognition will be included in the Minnetonka School District’s Celebration of Excellence.