Minnetonka Public Schools is a national leader in public education, frequently touted as one of the best public school districts in Minnesota by Niche.com. Our district focuses on world-class, child-centered excellence, and is dedicated to helping each student reach their potential. Tonka Online, our e-learning program has been around for more than 10 years. Minnetonka's emphasis on excellence and our years of experience in e-learning ensures that your child is getting an education you can trust.
Middle school students participating in Tonka Online will have many of the same experiences as traditional students, with the added flexibility and convenience that only comes through online education. Tonka Online courses have been specifically designed to provide a quality e-learning experience, which allows teachers to provide personalized instruction and better support learners.
- Full English program (non-Immersion)
- Taught with Minnetonka's curriculum by Minnetonka teachers
- Blend of synchronous and asynchronous instructional model
- Core classes, differentiated to meet advanced learner needs
- Advanced math opportunities
- Current immersion students offered language experience and access to supplemental language development programs
- Grades 6 and 7 – Exploratory classes – FACS, Tech Ed, Art, Health
- Grade 8 – asynchronous Tonka Online language option or multi-media arts elective
- General music (with band or orchestra lesson option - see below)
Additional Information About Signature Programs
If a student qualifies for honors language arts (6, 7, 8), honors science (7 or 8) or honors social studies (8) the assigned teacher will provide differentiated instruction to meet the needs of the student.
Options For Language Immersion Students
Students who have participated in the Chinese or Spanish Language Immersion Program will be offered an optional language experience as well as access to supplemental language development programs in their Immersion language. This offering is intended to allow families who select e-learning to have the option for their student to re-enter full Language Immersion should/when their child return(s) to in-person instruction.
All students will participate in a general music program. Students who have participated in band or orchestra will have opportunities to continue with lessons.