Band is a curricular class which begins in grade 5 and continues through grade 12. The 5th grade band class utilizes woodwind, brass and percussion instruments to continue students’ elementary music education.
Elementary students who enroll in band class will learn:
- The fundamentals of their instrument
- How to perform as an individual and as part of an ensemble
- How to improve their music reading abilities
Students will also be challenged to improve their skills and knowledge in:
- Music Diversity
The band schedule and expectations include:
- Small group lesson once in each six-day cycle
- Large group classes two times in each six-day cycle
- Up to three co-curricular concerts throughout the school year
- At-home practicing is essential to student learning
Clear Springs: Jase Ginkel, email@example.com Scenic Heights: MaryBeth Huttlin, firstname.lastname@example.org Excelsior & Groveland: Wade Lutterbein, email@example.com Deephaven & Minnewashta: Miles Mortensen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- What instruments can join?
- What instrument will be best for my child to learn?
- My child has never learned an instrument before, can they still join band?
- How do I obtain an instrument?
- What if I can't afford an instrument?
- Can we use a family instrument?
- My child might be interested in band later; can they join in middle school instead?