This strand is designed to build on the VANTAGE Health Sciences curriculum and provide additional excellent preparation for nursing school, medical school, physical therapy, occupational therapy and other healthcare-related professional education tracks. Health Sciences 2 is available to students who complete VANTAGE Health Sciences.
“I had a great experience in Vantage Health Sciences and now know I want to go into the health sciences field. Health Sciences 2 will be a great way for me to get even further along and ready for college.”
– Health Sciences Student
The VANTAGE Experience
VANTAGE Health Sciences 2 propels students toward career readiness through specialized health science experiences and in-depth exploration of emerging opportunities in this dynamic field.
Students are paired with a one-on-one mentor for the year as part of the VANTAGE program. Each semester, they work on external company projects, working on a real-world problem/challenge. Students receive valuable insights through guest instruction and enriching site visits that align with their academic curriculum. Throughout this experience, students develop and hone essential skills such as professionalism, teamwork, effective communication, problem-solving, and leadership.
Register for Health Sciences 2 if you are interested in:
- Continuing to explore and be exposed to diverse healthcare professions
- Getting a jump start in your health science career by obtaining your EMT certification
- Deepening your understanding of the human body, medical interventions, ethical considerations and healthcare.
Grade(s) offered: Grade 12
- Human Anatomy and Physiology 2 (.5 elective credit)
- Medical Terminology (.5 elective credit)
- Emergency Medical Technician (1.0 elective credit)