Students engage in real-world experiences in dynamic professional environments. Students compete to be the best entrepreneur in the Shark Tank competition. Students spend both semesters acting as consultants on partner-driven projects, researching and solving business problems.
If you want to be a doctor, if you want to be a computer engineer, business is going to help you.
- Hunter, Global Business student
The VANTAGE Experience
Students learn fundamental concepts of economics, research best practices, persuasive techniques, public speaking and effective communication. They explore business principles and functions with an emphasis on innovation, operations management, marketing, human resource management and finance.
Students are paired with a one-on-one mentor for the year as part of the VANTAGE program. Each semester, they work on external company projects, working on a real-world problem/challenge. Students receive valuable insights through guest instruction and enriching site visits that align with their academic curriculum. Throughout this experience, students develop and hone essential skills such as professionalism, teamwork, effective communication, problem-solving and leadership.
Register for Global Business if you are interested in:
- Anything business-related
- Earning college credit through AP/IB classes
- Fulfilling an English credit with a class that explores research and evidence-based arguments
- Fulfilling a social studies credit by studying economic concepts
Grades offered: 11-12
MHS credits: 3.0
- AP Microeconomics (1.0 social studies credit - weighted)
- AP Seminar (1.0 English credit - weighted)
- IB Business Management SL (1.0 business elective credit - weighted)