You will examine statistical methods such as sampling concepts, probability and regression analysis, and then directly apply them to real and relevant business data. You will learn how to build business forecast models based on analytical methods and work with leaders from the data analytics industry such as Nielsen, Forrester and Target to understand how data drives improved performance in businesses today. This course requires you to apply these concepts to designing, implementing and reporting on a business research project and will be evaluated by both the teachers and the clients for whom you conduct the project.
This year-long, two-credit course earns credits in:
• AP Statistics (one credit in math)
• IB Business and Management SL (HL also an option) (one elective credit)
More than 30 guest instructors provide expertise on topics aligned to the VANTAGE curriculum. Teachers use a content-first approach to learning, enabling you to master academic core content, and then see how it is implemented by business partners to provide solutions to real-world challenges.
MENTORSHIP AND NETWORKING
All VANTAGE students have a 1:1 mentor, but the networking extends beyond one professional. Mentors often open doors and guest instructors freely share their contact information, some provide employment and extended site visits.
- Emerson Rosemount: Measure efficiency and performance trends for the Financial Transactions Group.
- Medica: Analyze response rate data to strategically engage high-risk members.
- Target: Use Google Analytics to beta test a new product: earnwith.target.com.
VANTAGE Business Director
VANTAGE Program Strategist
VANTAGE Program Coordinator
4350 Baker Road
Minnetonka, MN 55343