French III Honors
- Course number:
- T426*, part 1 (*Select term S=summer, F=fall, W=winter)
- T427*, part 2 (*Select term S=summer, F=fall, W=winter)
- Grade(s) offered: 10-12
- Credits: .5 (per semester)
- Prerequisites: French II Honors or French II with permission from teacher
- Past memories
- Transportation in the US and France
- Travel and vacations
- Health and safety
- Festivals and celebrations
- Converse with other students about the topics listed above by asking and answering appropriate questions and combining and creating with known language structures
- Interpret and understand parts of readings and video/audio clips about these topics
- Write and present about these topics
Daily work includes practice on skills necessary for successful completion of the IPAs. This could include paired activities; small group activities; writing assignments; games; listening exercises including video clips, songs and films; and formative IPAs.
Recommended Background for Success: Students should be able to understand parts of simple readings and audio clips and comfortably converse and in French on the topics covered in Levels 1 and 2 (see course descriptions).
Students should be able to conjugate regular and irregular verbs in the present and past tenses (passé composé and imparfait); narrate in the past tense using the passé composé and imparfait appropriately; tell someone what to do or not do using commands; use the futur simple to talk about future events; and express themselves using vocabulary & expressions from levels 1 and 2.
- Complete Course Catalog
- Summer Courses
- How Do I Register?
- Fees and Payment
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Watch the 2018-19 Webinar I
- Watch the 2018-19 Webinar II
Tonka Online Lead Teacher