French II Honors
- Course number:
- Course #T424*, part 1, Tonka Online (*Select term S=summer, F=fall, W=winter)
- Course #T425*, part 2, Tonka Online (*Select term S=summer, F=fall, W=winter)
- Grade(s) offered: 9-12
- Credits: .5 (per semester)
- Prerequisites: French I
Course Description: In French 2, students will make connections to their lives and to the products, practices, and perspectives of French-speaking cultures through a study of a variety of topics, including:
- daily routine
- air and train travel
- vacation activities
- ways to stay healthy
- past memories
- meals and cooking in the French-speaking world
Throughout the study of these topics, students will continue to focus on the three modes of communication: interpretive, interpersonal, and presentational. By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Converse with other students about the topics listed above by asking and answering appropriate questions and combining and creating with known language structures
- Interpret and understand parts of readings and video/audio clips about these topics
- Write and present about these topics
Instructional Methods/Assessments: In each unit, students will complete a round of summative Integrated Performance Assessments (IPAs), including an interpretive reading or listening assessment, a spontaneous interpersonal conversation with another student (speaking test), and a presentational speaking or writing assessment (paragraph, brochure, letter, journal entry, skit with a partner, etc.).
Daily work includes practice on skills necessary for successful completion of the IPAs. This could include paired activities; small group activities; writing assignments; games; listening exercises including video clips, songs and films; and formative IPAs.
Recommended Background for Success: Students should be able to understand parts of simple readings and audio clips and comfortably converse and in French on the topics covered in Level 1 (see course description).
- Complete Course Catalog
- Summer Courses
- How Do I Register?
- Fees and Payment
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Watch the 2018-19 Webinar I
- Watch the 2018-19 Webinar II
Tonka Online Lead Teacher