- Course Number: T213S (Summer)
- Grade(s) offered: 9-12
- Credits: .5 (semester course)
- Prerequisites: Students should be registered for AP Chemistry. Students will take this course the summer prior to beginning the AP Chemistry course in the fall.
Course Description: This course follows the first semester curriculum of Chemistry Honors and includes support for the AP Chemistry summer assignment. Topics include significant figures, advanced nomenclature, periodic properties, atomic theory, multi-step stoichiometric calculations and chemical reactions. The overall goal of the course is to provide a pathway for prospective AP Chemistry students to solidify a strong chemistry foundation as they transition to college level coursework.
Instructional Methods/Assessments: Instructional methods include video lectures, text notes, lab work, projects, field trips and discussions, cooperative and individual investigation. Assessments include daily work, tests, quizzes, projects, lab reports and proctored semester final exam.
Recommended Background for Success: Students will need to be motivated learners with strong reading skills. This is a face-paced online course in which students will need to advocate for their learning needs via Schoology. Tonka online orientation materials will be provided.
- Complete Course Catalog
- Summer Courses
- How Do I Register?
- Fees and Payment
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Watch the 2018-19 Webinar I
- Watch the 2018-19 Webinar II
Tonka Online Lead Teacher