- Course number:
- Part 1: T204S (Summer), T204F (Fall), T204W (Winter)
- Part 2: T205S (Summer), T205F (Fall), T205W (Winter)
- Grade(s) offered: 11-12
- Credits: .5 (per semester)
- Prerequisites: Physical Science G or Honors. Completion of Part 1 before Part 2.
Course Description: Practical applications are used to explore the basic ideas of physics. Topics in optics, wave motion, mechanics, energy, and electricity are normally studied. Nuclear physics is included if time permits. This laboratory-centered course is for students who may need a basic physics course in preparation for college or technical school programs.
Instructional Methods/Assessments: Instructional methods include lectures, labs, lab reports, homework, and projects. Assessments include tests, quizzes, lab reports, homework, projects and a final exam.
Recommended Background for Success: Algebra problem-solving skills.
- Complete Course Catalog
- Summer Courses
- How Do I Register?
- Fees and Payment
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Watch the 2018-19 Webinar I
- Watch the 2018-19 Webinar II
Tonka Online Lead Teacher