- Course number:
- Part 1: T300S (Summer), T300F (Fall), T300W (Winter)
- Part 2: T302S (Summer), T302F (Fall), T300W (Winter)
- Grade(s) offered: 9-12
- Credits: .5 (per semester)
- Prerequisites: C or Better in Algebra of Lines, or teacher recommendation for Part 1. Completion of Part 1 for Part 2
Course Description: This course builds on topics covered in Algebra of Lines, or middle school Pre-algebra. Topics include data handling, drawing scatter plots, polynomial expressions, quadratic functions and solving quadratic equations, and exponential functions.
Instructional Methods/Assessments: Instructional methods include video lectures, text notes, and discussions, cooperative and individual investigation. Assessments include daily work, tests, quizzes and proctored midterm and semester final exam.
Minnesota State Standards: Portions of I. Mathematical Reasoning, II Number Sense, Computation, and Operations, III. Patterns, Functions, and Algebra, IV Data Analysis, Statistics, and Probability.
Recommended Background for Success: Completion of Algebra 1; ability to solve one and two-step linear equations; understanding and use of number operations and order of operations with integers; understanding and use of fractions, percent’s, ratios and proportions and able to graph linear equations. Students should have a graphing calculator.
- Complete Course Catalog
- How Do I Register?
- Fees and Payment
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Watch the 2018-19 Webinar I
- Watch the 2018-19 Webinar II